Premed 101 Forums

What is a competitive GPA for USASK OOP applicants?

1 hour ago, naptime98 said:

GPA is only used as a cutoff for OOP with 85% being the cutoff. The only thing that will determine your competitiveness is your MCAT score (and somewhat your CARS score specifically given it’s the first tiebreaker).

Thanks! Do you mean the DAT, as the DAT does not have a CARS score? Or do they also accept MCAT scores?

On 5/7/2021 at 2:03 PM, predentkid10101 said:

My GPA is 3.81/4.0 over the best two years. I understand that USask uses a percentage scale, where my GPA roughly translates to an 87%? Not sure how accurate that was though. Can any OOP applicants let me know if my GPA would be considered competitive for USask? 

On 5/10/2021 at 4:23 AM, Viola said:

Bumping this... I'm curious

86+ is competitive with a 21+ DAT. Average applicant OOP is 91% 22 DAT. Best of luck. 

Keep in mind that interviews have been cancelled two years in a row, and this generally makes the competitive average higher than normal as acceptances are handed out based on grades and DAT alone. But hopefully interviews will not be cancelled next year

On 5/16/2021 at 1:48 PM, Crockus said:

Keep in mind that interviews have been cancelled two years in a row, and this generally makes the competitive average higher than normal as acceptances are handed out based on grades and DAT alone. But hopefully interviews will not be cancelled next year

They've increased their seats for OOP since the year interviews were cancelled, therefore the average has been the same, if anything lower. I do agree, it would dip slightly with interviews, when they do come back in play.