Premed 101 Forums

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm pretty new to these forums but I hope to provide all the information of a little dilemma I have going on. This year has been tough for everyone, and long story short, I failed an elective in my second term in my second year and I even applied a Pass/Fail discovery credit to the course I failed. If I am to apply to UWO dentistry, for example, I'm under the impression that they take your best two years for grade calculation at admission. So, if this year with my fail is considered one of my bad years and I somehow do very well in my next two full-course load years, will this fail heavily impact my application?

I honestly see this year as a wake up call and am actively trying to better myself academically for the next two full-course load years I have remaining; however, I am unsure of how my application will be judged due to this year and seeing that glaring "FAI" on my transcript. Should I just put the past behind me or is this something I must be worried about application-wise?

Thank you so much for any feedback or advice. I hope everyone is doing well :)

1 hour ago, desperateanonymou5 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm pretty new to these forums but I hope to provide all the information of a little dilemma I have going on. This year has been tough for everyone, and long story short, I failed an elective in my second term in my second year and I even applied a Pass/Fail discovery credit to the course I failed. If I am to apply to UWO dentistry, for example, I'm under the impression that they take your best two years for grade calculation at admission. So, if this year with my fail is considered one of my bad years and I somehow do very well in my next two full-course load years, will this fail heavily impact my application?

I honestly see this year as a wake up call and am actively trying to better myself academically for the next two full-course load years I have remaining; however, I am unsure of how my application will be judged due to this year and seeing that glaring "FAI" on my transcript. Should I just put the past behind me or is this something I must be worried about application-wise?

Thank you so much for any feedback or advice. I hope everyone is doing well :)

Hey. Don’t worry too much about it. Amazing you can learn from it and use it as a wake up call. 100% you can put it behind you. Speaking from experience, I had to retake courses in my undergrad and received an interview/acceptance to western. Good luck :) wishing you all the best. 

33 minutes ago, DentalApplicant2021 said:

Hey. Don’t worry too much about it. Amazing you can learn from it and use it as a wake up call. 100% you can put it behind you. Speaking from experience, I had to retake courses in my undergrad and received an interview/acceptance to western. Good luck :) wishing you all the best. 

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I hope you all the best in the future as well :)