Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2020-2021

Result: Accepted (Niagara)

Timestamp: 8:41 AM

cGPA: 3.93

CARS: 130

CASPer: Personally, I thought my casper was terrible. I completed it for other applications but had the guaranteed interview from last year. However, I type slowly and struggled with casper last year as well. So, if you're having a tough time with casper, keep your chin up!

MMI interview thoughts: Asynchronous only. The questions were long as hell! I did not think it went super well but I thought I did alright coming out. 

Year: Graduated 2019

Geography: IP

Guaranteed interview from last year: Yes

The RELIEF!!! Honestly, getting the email I felt more relieved than happy I think. The waiting and suspense year-after-year killed it, which is why the post is delayed. Appreciate everyone on this forum, couldn't have done it without some of the resources and people on here! Not sure if I will be accepting yet, have the privilege to decide between Mac (niagara), Western, and Queens!

Congrats to everyone who received offers! To those on the waitlist, I feel your pain, tough it out, and worst case, you know how close you were, readjust and be sure of it next time! To those that need to reapply, I know it's tough, believe me, but you learn something through every cycle. Keep your head up, be smart about what you can and need to change and kill it next year!

Posting late, and only to help make sure other low GPA applicants don't give up!

Result: Accepted (Hamilton)

Timestamp: 8:36 AM (D-Day)

cGPA: 3.69

CARS: 130

CASPer: It felt fine.  I honestly think if you're a well rounded person who can articulate their thoughts, its not that bad!

MMI interview thoughts: Both.  Wow, what a frustrating journey.  First the lottery fiasco, then my synchronous interview which despite losing 2 min/station, I thought was relatively smooth and ok.  The asynchronous didn't feel as good, but I guess that's how it is when there isn't a human nodding along.  Oh well.   I think it went fine, but it must've been relatively decent!

Year: Non-trad, post MSc.

Guaranteed interview from last year: Yes

Honestly, this journey has been tough.  I still don't really believe I'm here.  If you have a boat anchor GPA like mine, I know it can feel impossible.  Just do everything in your power to compensate with a good MCAT, some interesting ECs, and most importantly of all - have something interesting to say about your life and your experiences, and I truly think you can make it.  It's just a matter of time.  Don't give up - life's a journey! I'll leave it with a quote I found inspirational during the past few years:

Enjoy the storm.

Timestamp: 8:36 a.m. May 11th, 2021

cGPA: 3.81

CARS: 129

CASPer: Thought it went well, I'm a fast typer so I didn't have issues with that!

MMI interview thoughts: I thought it was okay, I didn't do a synchronous one so mine was only asynchronous and it seemed alright in the end (clearly worked out haha).

Year: 4th

Guaranteed interview from last year: No

• 3 weeks later...

Timestamp:  May 11, Midnight

cGPA: 3.94

CARS: 127 

CASPer: Felt good! Prepped lots; fast typing (~110 wpm)

MMI interview thoughts: Felt they were very hard and unconventional to what I had practiced with multiple prep groups. Crashed and burned for two stations. One felt solid.

Year: 4th Year UG

Guaranteed interview from last year: No

*Declining