Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa Medical School Accepted/Waitlist 2021

I wanted to post this to reassure future interviewees to not worry about their post-interview feeling:

Time Stamp: 12:00 a.m.

Result: Accepted

GPA: 3.99

Stream: English

Year: 4th

Interview Thoughts: I legitimately cried after my interview and thought it was my absolute worst one. I told my parents to not ask me about it again and did not have a single hope to get in. I was absolutely shocked when I saw an offer. Reflecting back I still firmly believe that I had much less than a perfect interview and I guess this goes to show that you are you're own worst critic. Trust yourself and your capabilities and if you mess up, it's not the end of the world! You deserve a spot.

Good luck everyone! <3

Time Stamp: 7h11 am

Result: accepted 

GPA: 3.94 

Stream: CNFS

Year: 5th (did extra physics and Maths for QC medschools)

Interview Thoughts: ok. I thought it went ok right after it. Then I started to doubt myself so so much omg. I was thinking about my answers and what was wrong ...to the point where I didn't even remember if it was terrible or not.

GUYS this is my 3rd time applying to Ottawa U. Got rejected pre interview in 2019&2020. IF YOU REALLY WANT THIS, ITS POSSIBLE. I was literally crushed and so so sad after my  rejections, but in the end it made me who I am and help me build my resilience. KEEP TRYING, you got this!!

4 minutes ago, Workinghardtobeadoc said:

Time Stamp: 7h11 am

Result: accepted 

GPA: 3.94 

Stream: CNFS

Year: 5th (did extra physics and Maths for QC medschools)

Interview Thoughts: ok. I thought it went ok right after it. Then I started to doubt myself so so much omg. I was thinking about my answers and what was wrong ...to the point where I didn't even remember if it was terrible or not.

GUYS this is my 3rd time applying to Ottawa U. Got rejected post interview in 2019&2020. IF YOU REALLY WANT THIS, ITS POSSIBLE. I was literally crushed and so so sad after my  rejections, but in the end it made me who I am and help me build my resilience. KEEP TRYING, you got this!!

CONGRATS!!!

did you get any updates on OMSAS at midnight?

17 minutes ago, smalltowncelery said:

if its bad, it will say 'based on your position you are unlikely to receive...'. That is what people got last year. It might be useful to post email timestamp bc. last year it was shown to correspond to WL position

Thats what I thought. I have no wording pertaining to 'based on your position you are unlikely to receive...', my time was 9:07

Just now, smalltowncelery said:

if its bad, it will say 'based on your position you are unlikely to receive...'. That is what people got last year. It might be useful to post email timestamp bc. last year it was shown to correspond to WL position

Exactly! You can try to organize everyone's timestamp with their stats and see. But there is no official way to know how you are positioned on the waitlist. Some people get the based on your position it's unlikely.

Just got a waitlist email too!

Time Stamp: 9:10 EST

Result: waitlisted 

GPA: 3.99 

Year: 4th

Interview Thoughts: I thought it went really well, had good answers for each question and good energy with the interviewers.

There was no negative wording in the email (as outlined above) Will probably be turning down the waitlist position as I was also accepted elsewhere! 

9:09 WL I think it’s the good one but based on others’ posted stamps, it’s hard to imagine getting an offer for my only interview :( what are the chances of coming off the waitlist and by when do ppl usually find out?

Time Stamp: 9:09am

Result: Waitlist (good)

GPA: 3.98

Year: Masters

Interview Thoughts: Felt it went well, couple hiccups, but brought it to a good place. Not cold panel, but they also didn’t talk much