Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa Medical School Accepted/Waitlist 2021

3 minutes ago, hopefulMD555 said:

I’m starting to think that too, there was movement in previous years before the two week mark though. I wonder if they’ve decided to change that this year? 

I agree that waiting until offers expire would be a break in pattern for them..there is still three days left this week I think there is a good chance at least a few offers will go out before the long weekend

Hey, to give some insight: With the exception of last year, waitlist movement was mainly on/after the deadline (for the 2016-2019 cycles).

Perhaps they may continue that trend (and made an exception last year due to COVID or predictability)? It should be more clear within a week or so hopefully.

Adding stats for spreadsheet (mb for lateness lol)

Time Stamp: 9:09:24

Result: good waitlist

GPA: 3.99

Stream: English

Not sure if the WL will even make it down this far (I think it has in past years before, but this year's Bin 1 seems so long :(), but fingers crossed!

Having been through this Ottawa Waitlist with my daughter in prior years, I can offer some perspective.

It looks like Bin 1 is only two applicants (redblue1234 & blackpanther3).

Bin 2 starts with either hellolettuce118 or no account (it's not clear).

The top 3 were not skipped and are probably next on the list.

There was one person skipped last year but to set everyone's mind at ease, it was because the waitlist position was conditional.  That person had to supply more information to get an offer and did not do so.  We may never know what information wasn't provided that was requested.

My suggestion would be to re-order applicants on the spreadsheet to accurately reflect their position on the spreadsheet for the benefit of everyone waiting and for waitlisters in a future year.

Hope this information helps.

I'm just glad I don't have to go through this stress of wondering whether my daughter will get an offer this year as she got a number of offers. (finally!)

Good luck to all of you in getting an offer!