Premed 101 Forums

Western Accepted/Waitlist/Regrets 2021

• NurseLewis changed the title to Western Accepted/Waitlist/Regrets 2021

Time Stamp: 12:01

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted (London Campus)

IP/OOP: IP 

SWOMEN (Y/N): Y

2YGPA: One year at 3.8 (just completed a special year)

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 125/130/127

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): overall pretty good !! there were a few questions that I physically cringe when I think of my answers but I guess that didn't ruin my chances. Panel wasn't cold but they definitely had pretty good poker faces on lol 

Im so excited and so happy, incredibly grateful to have this opportunity. With a low cGPA and having to complete a special year I was worried I didn't have a shot and was wasting my time. 

Time Stamp: 12:00 AM

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted (London)

IP/OOP: OOP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.88

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 132/128/132

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I felt the interview gave me a chance to fully elaborate on my personal experiences and show my personality. The interviewers were very friendly and often commented that I had answered their next question in my response to the previous question. 

Edit: I will be declining the offer for UBC. Congratulations to the next person on the waitlist!!!

3 hours ago, NurseLewis said:

Time Stamp: 

Accepted/WL/R

IP/OOP

SWOMEN (Y/N)

2YGPA

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB)

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): 

Hey. Could you by any chance include campus as part of this. Would really appreciate it :)

Time Stamp: 12:01am

Accepted/WL/R: ACCEPTED OMG!!!! (unspecified campus)

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.87

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/128/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I felt pretty good about it coming out and was able to touch on some strong points. I definitely connected with one of the interviewers but it was hard to gauge the other two. 

I am absolutely shocked and beyond thrilled to be in this position. I've been on this rollercoaster since 2014 and its crazy to think it has all culminated to this moment! Writing the mcat *5 times* (1 old, 4 new), going through two degrees, having post-interview rejections, was all worth it for this. For anyone reading, all I can say is keep trying, you will find success in perseverance!! 

12 minutes ago, elcrew said:

Time Stamp: 12:01am

Accepted/WL/R: ACCEPTED OMG!!!! (unspecified campus)

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.87

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/128/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I felt pretty good about it coming out and was able to touch on some strong points. I definitely connected with one of the interviewers but it was hard to gauge the other two. 

I am absolutely shocked and beyond thrilled to be in this position. I've been on this rollercoaster since 2014 and its crazy to think it has all culminated to this moment! Writing the mcat *5 times* (1 old, 4 new), going through two degrees, having post-interview rejections, was all worth it for this. For anyone reading, all I can say is keep trying, you will find success in perseverance!! 

this is amazing. I’m so happy for you, you deserve it. 

Time Stamp: 12:01 am

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted!! (London)

SWOMEN (Y/N): No

2YGPA: 3.95

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/127/130/130

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): Very friendly panel, felt confident right after, but slowly started doubting everything I said as the weeks went by.

SO excited!!! Just honestly so grateful for this opportunity and looking forward to all the new experiences and friendships I'll be making!! I really want to find my interviewers and give them a hug loool

8 hours ago, elcrew said:

Me! I think I recall reading from last year that they finalize campus offers after the deadline to respond. 

Yes! Unspecified campuses are finalized after the response deadline, late May or early June! From what I've heard, you still *typically* get your first choice campus

Congrats to everyone getting their acceptances today!! We can't wait to meet you! To everyone who didn't get the news they hoped for today, you are worth far more than the admission decision, and this is not the end of the road for you- take good care of yourselves.

Time Stamp: 9:11 AM (when I received the email but I found out at midnight)

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted (Unspecified)

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.83

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/127/130

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I'd say neutral. The questions felt extremely tricky and I remember feeling let down that there were some experiences that I couldn't contort to match the questions. Had some friendly interviewers, but honestly couldn't remember what their expressions were like because I was staring at my webcam. Felt fairly good immediately after, then started doubting myself as time went on. Lesson learned - try not to be overly critical about yourself!

I find myself in a crazy position that I would never have dreamed of being in. After 4 years straight of never getting a single interview to receiving offers from more than one school, I'm in disbelief and feeling numb. I'll probably have to spend the full two weeks deciding.

Congrats to everyone who got an offer and for those on the wait list, hang in there! To everyone who may have received bad news - if this is something you really want, keep fighting for it. With a cGPA of 3.63, I had started to convince myself that this was impossible. Nothing's impossible.