Premed 101 Forums

UofT Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted 2021

Result: Accepted, St George

Timestamp: 9.21

wGPA/cGPA: 4.0

MCAT: 525

ECs: Ok

Essays: I tried to connect to important personal experiences but I didn't resonate a tonne w the prompts

Interview: I thought it was okay, one of the only ones I felt okay about

Year: 4th

Geography: IP

Timestamp: 9:35 AM

cGPA: 3.99 (not eligible for wGPA) 

MCAT: 50x

ECs: Leadership positions, volunteering/tutoring within my community, some research, a few scholarships and awards. 

Essays: Concise and very personal... made sure they gave the reader a good sense of who I am. 

Interview: I made sure to bring in personal examples to as many questions as I could so that my answer was more engaging for the rater. Felt like I'd rambled a bit on at least one question, but I used up the full time given for every question. I'm so so grateful for this opportunity and excited to meet everyone (virtually?) in the Fall! 

Year: BSc. 2020

Geography: IP

Result: Accepted (Mississauga) 

Timestamp: 9:46 EST (they're still coming everyone don't lose hope!!)

wGPA/cGPAaround 3.99

MCAT: 131/129/132/130

ECs: 2 years undergrad research, a few pubs (one 2nd author), university societies

Essays: Honestly did not think they were that good, didn't spend a huge amount of time on them.

Interview: I thought it went really poorly - was very scattered, ran out of time for 2/4 prompts, and honestly thought I might've dropped some red flags (But I guess not??)

Year: 4th year

Geography: OOP 

I may be turning this spot down? Was accepted elsewhere but now I have a LOT to think about. 

6 minutes ago, daffodil said:

Result: Accepted (Mississauga) 

Timestamp: 9:46 EST (they're still coming everyone don't lose hope!!)

wGPA/cGPAaround 3.99

MCAT: 131/129/132/130

ECs: 2 years undergrad research, a few pubs (one 2nd author), university societies

Essays: Honestly did not think they were that good, didn't spend a huge amount of time on them.

Interview: I thought it went really poorly - was very scattered, ran out of time for 2/4 prompts, and honestly thought I might've dropped some red flags (But I guess not??)

Year: 4th year

Geography: OOP 

I may be turning this spot down? Was accepted elsewhere but now I have a LOT to think about. 

12 minutes ago, burnerboy said:

Timestamp: 9:35 AM

wGPA/cGPA: 3.99

MCAT: 50x

ECs: 

Essays: 

Interview: 

Year: BSc. 2020

Will update later I'm currently sobbing 

19 minutes ago, AB27 said:

Timestamp: 9.21

wGPA/cGPA: 4.0

MCAT: 525

ECs: Ok

Essays: I tried to connect to important personal experiences but I didn't resonate a tonne w the prompts

Interview: I thought it was okay, one of the only ones I felt okay about

Year: 4th

what day did you all interview? Im holding onto hope that perhaps the Mar. 21 invites havent been sent yet :unsure:

Result: Waitlist

Timestamp: 9:53

cGPA3.97

MCAT: 520 (130/131/130/129)

ECs: Check my other posts

Essays: Wrote them for a month, read over by two

Interview:  Questions felt too generic to have an answer that stands out

Year: 4th year undergrad

Will be removing myself from list!

Result: Accepted! St. George

Timestamp: 9:33am EST

wGPA/cGPA3.99

MCAT: Above the cutoffs

ECs: Pretty diverse - a few long-term community activities, and quite a bit of research (3 pubs) 

Essays: Wrote them over ~2 weeks (but thought about them most of the summer) - felt pretty good!

Interview: Oh I have no idea - the asynchronous format made it really hard to gauge performance. I filled all the time and had something decent to say for each prompt, but felt like I'd rambled when reflecting afterwards - you never know!!!

Year: Finishing MSc

Timestamp: 9:34

wGPA/cGPA: 4.0

MCAT: 524

ECs: sports research travel

Essays: spent 1 week, didn't do a ton of personal connecting. 

Interview: I thought it was okay, felt really good about 2/4 prompts and okay about the other 2. guess looking at notes didn't matter that much!

Year: in progress masters

torn between this and mcgill....

Result: Accepted!! (St. George)

Timestamp: 9:35

wGPA/cGPA3.88/3.75

MCAT: 519

ECs: standard employment, research, academic awards. volunteering that was specific to my community 

Essays:  worked a lot on these, really pushed on the lessons I learned and how my experiences shaped me as a person

Interview: was fine, didn't feel amazing afterwards. I didn't connect too much with the prompts but made sure to incorporate personal stories

Year: gap after UG

Congrats to everyone who got an offer and good luck to those waiting! Need to choose between UofT and Mac (can't even believe I have a choice lol), kinda leaning towards UofT at the moment.

Just now, TheFlyGuy said:

Congrats to everyone with an offer so far! For anyone curious about the program (or deciding between multiple offers), feel free to PM me and I'm happy to chat about the program (via text or call) or answer any questions! :)

Pm'ed!

Result: Accepted (St. George)

Timestamp: 9:37

wGPA/cGPA: 4.00/4.00

MCAT: Above cutoffs

ECs: Lots of volunteering, board executive, sports/coaching, 2 NSERCs

Essays: Spent at least a month working on these. Tried to be as personal and genuine as possible.

Interview: Felt solid after the interview.

Year: 3rd

Geography: OOP (AB)

Result: Accepted (St. George)

Timestamp: 9:35 AM

wGPA/cGPA: 3.95/3.92

MCAT: 130/125/131/129

ECs: check post history from McGill interview invite. 

Essays: did much better on them this year. Spent maybe about 1 month on them. Asked a u of t med student to absolutely roast the essays and destroy my self-esteem, it paid off. 

Interview: Didn't take any breaks so finished the whole thing in about half an hour. Felt like I gave pretty solid answers for 3 out of the 4 but I was so burnt out by the end of this that I just didn't care

Year: MSc 2019, working right now. 

Did not see Ottawa at midnight so I assumed it was a reject. Told myself that I was quitting medicine at 4 AM because this was my third cycle and didn't think that I was meant to be a physician. Thank god this worked out. 

Result: Rejected

Timestamp: 9:59 AM

wGPA/cGPA: 3.97/3.96

MCAT: 519

ECs: Diverse and long term 

Essays: Felt good about them and made them personal. Similar quality to last year. 

Interview: Felt that I gave decent to good answers to the questions. Pretty crushed as these felt better than last year (where I was waitlisted). Guess it just goes to show how inaccurate self-evals are. U of T was my top choice, and it sucks to have done worse this cycle :( 

Year: MSc final year