Premed 101 Forums

2021 Waitlist Thread

10 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

I thought I would make a thread for waitlist people to chat about movement, how they are staying busy, etc. 

I am waitlisted for the second year in a row

I just got rejected after being waitlisted last year! I was super afraid this was going to happen, the rejection hurts just a little bit more this year. Good luck on the waitlist, rooting for ya!

10 minutes ago, medicalschooldreamer said:

I just got rejected after being waitlisted last year! I was super afraid this was going to happen, the rejection hurts just a little bit more this year. Good luck on the waitlist, rooting for ya!

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. That would hurt...I don't know what to say :( Thanks for the kind words!

5 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

Also I got my waitlist email at 8:27! Not sure if the timestamps really mean anything, but it's interesting they're quite far apart!

That's interesting - I didn't even consider the time difference. Hopefully it's all random.

I got my email at 8:21. 

10 minutes ago, smalltowncelery said:

hey didn't apply to NOSM but i have a friend who did, she got a specific line in her WL email and is wondering if everyone else had it too. it was a line about how they can't say WL position but that the WL does move every year and some people can expect to get offers?

I don't have anything mentioning waitlist position but I do have the line about how some people will get waitlist offers

8:24- wait listed. I was rejected last year, so I am feeling better about getting on the wait list this year. 

11 minutes ago, smolandfeisty said:

Hey guys! 

I got waitlisted as well, but got in at another school and will be likely removing myself from the waitlist :) Hope that helps someone else!!

For reference, I am OOP, & my time stamp was 8:22 am. H last name!

Congrats!! That’s awesome being accepted to more than one school. Thanks for sharing, it definitely makes the wait list feel a bit more hopeful. 

31 minutes ago, nishdoc said:

8:24- wait listed. I was rejected last year, so I am feeling better about getting on the wait list this year. 

Congrats!! That’s awesome being accepted to more than one school. Thanks for sharing, it definitely makes the wait list feel a bit more hopeful. 

29 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations :)

Thanks you guys!!! I truly wish you all the best of luck :wub:

8 minutes ago, Marsbars99 said:

Do we think time of email stamp depends on rank? So earlier email means higher rank? 

I am so new at this and didn’t even even think I would get waitlisted this year! Feeling so stressed from all the waiting, as I am sure we all are!

It's possible it is alphabetical (my last name starts with D). I know an individual above in the comments said their last name began with "H" and their timestamp was 8:22. It could also be random, or dependent upon how quickly the emails sent through to different individuals. Or, possibly dependent on one's rank in the WL.

1 minute ago, Lou34 said:

Does anyone know when applicants on the WL usually start getting offered acceptances?

It seems like the greatest movement is within the first two-three weeks after acceptances go out. A person I know that was WL before said they got the final rejection about three weeks after d-day. I would guess based on NOSM's small class size and that most people accept their offers, we should hear within a few weeks. 

Okay so what I have gathered is this:

WL Timestamps:

mdhopeful26 - 8:27, Last Name, M

nishdoc - 8:24, Last Name H

Marsbar99 - 8:21, Last name A

Lou34 - 8:21, Last name D

smolandfeisty - 8:22 Last name H

Rejected Timestamps:

Northernontariogirl - 8:24

Cookiejar - 8:24

Accepted Timestamps:

Applicant I (mdhopeful26) know - 8:25, Last Name, L

I don't really see a trend! But maybe as we gather more info? Also some things about the waitlist that I learned last year:

- Waitlist moved the most in the first two weeks

- Class was finalized in just over two weeks

- Waitlist offers last year were 8, but waitlist moved 10 spaces (2 people removed themselves)

That's all I know!

2 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

WL Timestamps:

nishdoc - 8:24, Last Name ?

Marsbar99 - 8:21, Last name?

Lou34 - 8:21, Last name?

Rejected Timestamps:

Accepted Timestamps:

I don't really see a trend! But maybe as we gather more info? Also some things about the waitlist that I learned last year:

- Waitlist offers last year were 8, but waitlist moved 10 spaces (2 people removed themselves)

That's all I know!

My last name is H. 

I really wish we were told our ranking so I know if I should hold onto hope. Ahhh this wait is going to suck. 

4 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

WL Timestamps:

nishdoc - 8:24, Last Name ?

Lou34 - 8:21, Last name?

Rejected Timestamps:

Accepted Timestamps:

That's all I know!

My last name is "D"

9 minutes ago, mdhopeful26 said:

WL Timestamps:

nishdoc - 8:24, Last Name H

Lou34 - 8:21, Last name D

Rejected Timestamps:

Accepted Timestamps:

That's all I know!

Okay so I edited and it kinda looks like the list was sent out in alpha order maybe regardless of status...thoughts?

Just now, mdhopeful26 said:

Okay so I edited and it kinda looks like the list was sent out in alpha order maybe regardless of status...thoughts?

Seems that way! An applicant further up in the chat was also waitlisted but accepted an offer at a different school, thus being removed from the NOSM WL. Their timestamp was 8:22 last name "H".