Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Med Waitlist Party 2021

4 minutes ago, mdavalon001 said:

Hey y'all! I recently received my waitlist email. Decided to start this group, so that we can keep track of any acceptances off the list in the future :) Good luck everyone!! We're all in this together!

Hey! do you know how quickly we'll find out? how long do Mac people have to accept or decline their offers?

5 minutes ago, MDMD2021 said:

Hey! do you know how quickly we'll find out? how long do Mac people have to accept or decline their offers?

According to the McMaster Waitlist Party 2020 thread, people in previous years got accepted off the waitlist starting on the 8th/9th day after D-Day. 

As for the second q, I believe they have 2 weeks from now.

From what I understand, waitlist movements are on a rolling basis. People have 2 weeks to hold onto 1 acceptance offer in Ontario, they can hold onto other acceptances in other provinces. After that, waitlist movements depends on people declining their offer due to circumstances or they prefer to attend school in another province/country.

7 minutes ago, mdavalon001 said:

Btw does anyone know approximately how many people get waitlisted and how many get rejected? I've only seen 1 rejection so far

Biggest mystery in Ontario school apps. No one knows how many get waitlisted, how many got off (prev years suggested around 100ish people decline offer), and what are our ranks. I'd like to know my rank if anything.

2 minutes ago, abcd1288 said:

Biggest mystery in Ontario school apps. No one knows how many get waitlisted, how many got off (prev years suggested around 100ish people decline offer), and what are our ranks. I'd like to know my rank if anything.

Agreed. I don't want to waste time and mental energy hoping to get in if I'm on the bottom of the list sigh

But fingers crossed to all of us!^_^

4 hours ago, microglia said:

Any waitlisters been accepted/waitlisted at another school? :) 

I've been to this party 2 years in a row, and now have an offer for Hamilton that I'm declining . people came off the wl early and kept going until June/July - wish they'd have told me where my ranking was ..Good luck everyone, I know how this feels so hang on in there , I'm cheering y'all on 

16 minutes ago, justamom said:

I've been to this party 2 years in a row, and now have an offer for Hamilton that I'm declining . people came off the wl early and kept going until June/July - wish they'd have told me where my ranking was ..Good luck everyone, I know how this feels so hang on in there , I'm cheering y'all on 

ahh congratulations and thank you for your encouragement!! :)) 

1 hour ago, justamom said:

I recognize your name from looking at previous threads (this is my first cycle but I've been creeping other threads for info/encouragement). Your positive attitude is so kind and I'm so glad to see that you got in (and with options, too!). Not knowing the ranking is really hard - I wonder why they do that? Anyways, thank you for the encouragement, it's very appreciated! :)

4 hours ago, ItsMedToBe said:

Also received my Waitlist offer this morning. Does anyone know if offers are sent at the beginning of every work day or if they’re sent automatically as soon as spaces become available? 

From previous WL threads, I've seen all sorts of timestamps like 4:50pm and 5pm so I don't think they're at the beginning of the work day! One year someone declined their waitlist spot and like 20 mins later someone posted that they got off the waitlist (maybe just a coincidence but cool if not!) so I think it's possible they just are sent as soon as Wendy processes them :) 

I got in off the waitlist in mid-June way back when.

5 hours ago, ItsMedToBe said:

Also received my Waitlist offer this morning. Does anyone know if offers are sent at the beginning of every work day or if they’re sent automatically as soon as spaces become available? 

My offer email came in the evening so if its the same it will be when spaces are avaliable

6 minutes ago, bearded frog said:

I got in off the waitlist in mid-June way back when.

My offer email came in the evening so if its the same it will be when spaces are avaliable

Thanks for your response. Hearing stories like this really helps keep the hope alive. Now that I know the offer might come at any time of the day, I feel slightly less guilty for constantly checking my email.. but I’m still worried it’s quickly becoming an unhealthy habit ahaha

4 hours ago, abcd1288 said:

Genuinely curious to why Mac and other Ontario schools do not tell you your rank? At least in Ottawa and Western, you can know if you are in a good or bad list.

Probably because there is no good reason to, because regardless if you're on a good or bad rank list, you could be accepted or not, and shouldn't make crucial decisions about other schools/plans based on it. If they don't go down their list as far as usual one year then the good list people will feel lied to.