Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Med Waitlist Party 2021

Also got off the WL at Hamilton! Around 4:23 PM EST! So hyped and grateful!

Does anyone know if accepting the offer means I have to pull myself from WL at other schools? (I know you will be pulled from any other WL or offer in ON). Or if there's a date to remove myself and commit to Mac? 

I'm OOP for Mac so I just want to consider the financial aspect as well as family support and so on. 

Good luck to all and I'll be praying for you!

Yes, congratulations to all who have heard back, wishing you all the best!! 

It seems like there was a quite a bit of movement on Friday, but I’m still hopeful for Tuesday/Wednesday! Who knows? Maybe some people have decided to think about their offers over the weekend before deciding on Tuesday? 

11 minutes ago, waitlisteddream said:

Congrats to everybody who has heard back!

For those of us who haven’t heard back, do we think Friday was the big wave or are we hopeful for Tuesday?

Hey folks - totally random but checked omsas today and my “reset responses” button has disappeared. It had appeared on May 11th at midnight, but it’s no longer there. Anyone else have this issue, and does it mean anything? I’m waitlisted for reference 

28 minutes ago, ItsMedToBe said:

Yes, congratulations to all who have heard back, wishing you all the best!! 

It seems like there was a quite a bit of movement on Friday, but I’m still hopeful for Tuesday/Wednesday! Who knows? Maybe some people have decided to think about their offers over the weekend before deciding on Tuesday? 

In previous years, most movement happens on the decision deadline and the couple of days after. I’m hoping that holds true this year as well :mellow:. Fingers crossed for the both of us, I really hope we get in!

19 minutes ago, lol_wut said:

Hey folks - totally random but checked omsas today and my “reset responses” button has disappeared. It had appeared on May 11th at midnight, but it’s no longer there. Anyone else have this issue, and does it mean anything? I’m waitlisted for reference 

mine disappeared too, im also waitlisted. does anyone who is waitlisted still have it? 

2 minutes ago, abcd1288 said:

I mean seems like only 5-6 people got off (maybe a little bit more if they dont use this forum), but I'd expect more movement after Tuesday.

Far more than a little more. Mac accepts over 300 applicants a year, and you certainly don't get 300 I got in posts in this forum every year.

In case we (waitlisted people) don't hear back on the 24th/25th is there another date to look out for? I'm assuming that people who get offers from the waitlist also have a deadline to accept/reject by. Does anyone know what that date is?

Overall I guess I just want to know how long to hold out hope for and when I would feel more certain about moving on.

3 minutes ago, justhoping said:

In case we (waitlisted people) don't hear back on the 24th/25th is there another date to look out for? I'm assuming that people who get offers from the waitlist also have a deadline to accept/reject by. Does anyone know what that date is?

Overall I guess I just want to know how long to hold out hope for and when I would feel more certain about moving on.

There should be some movements immediately in the days after the 24th and 25th but then trickles down at the beginning of June according to previous threads. I believe you have 2 weeks to accept your offer on OMSAS if you get an offer from the WL.