Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Med Waitlist Party 2021

28 minutes ago, justhoping said:

In case we (waitlisted people) don't hear back on the 24th/25th is there another date to look out for? I'm assuming that people who get offers from the waitlist also have a deadline to accept/reject by. Does anyone know what that date is?

Overall I guess I just want to know how long to hold out hope for and when I would feel more certain about moving on.

Historically, the biggest movement happens on the day off the deadline (this coming Tuesday for us) and in the 1-2 days after. I am personally going to move on after the end of the coming week. If I hear something in June, I will be pleasantly surprised. But I do believe some movement happens in the first week of June when some waitlist offers are rejected.

1 minute ago, microglia said:

What time do we think the WL will start moving today/tomorrow? Trying to keep my hopes low but also refreshing my email every half hour :P 

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm going to suspect it has already started moving. I'm going to check once at lunch and once at 6pm today and tomorrow, or else I'm going to be obsessed with refreshing my inbox.

9 minutes ago, throwaway1999 said:

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm going to suspect it has already started moving. I'm going to check once at lunch and once at 6pm today and tomorrow, or else I'm going to be obsessed with refreshing my inbox.

That is definitely the responsible and logical thing to do! I tried to not check until lunch as well but I was not successful haha

2 minutes ago, ItsMedToBe said:

I can relate, I’ve been doing the same thing all morning! Trying to keep the faith... 

Keep the faith!! I only am keeping my hopes low to try to protect myself for later, but to be honest I am not doing a great job :D

Can confirm!! Got an offer for Hamilton campus! Timestamp: 12:10pm. I have already accepted as Mac was my first (and only!) choice.

Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist and I hope to see all of you in August! Big thanks to everyone on here for being so kind, you'll all make great doctors :) 

Just received my offer for Hamilton campus, timestamp 12:15. Will 99% be accepting. Best of luck everyone, you guys got this. If anyone's feeling anxious and wants to vent my dms are always open :) I've been checking this thread like 4 times every day at least so ik the feel of being chronically stressed ab this lol

2 minutes ago, ItsMedToBe said:

Congrats to everyone who has received an offer! :D

For those of us who are still patiently (read: painfully) waiting, I hate to be the one to ask, but what are some of your back-up plans for the next year? 

4th year but IM NOT TRYNA GO BRO

also I have like 0 ecs set for next year

5 minutes ago, ItsMedToBe said:

Congrats to everyone who has received an offer! :D

For those of us who are still patiently (read: painfully) waiting, I hate to be the one to ask, but what are some of your back-up plans for the next year? 

No more university for me, so I'll probably try to keep busy with research/activities for next cycle. What about you?