Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2021

21 hours ago, dusah said:

Lol right i hope it gets more busy by next week when offers come

Also does anyone think there’s a correlation with timestamp and waitlist ranking?

no idea...

I think there was some speculation about the correlation last year but nothing was ever proven.

12 minutes ago, RBG said:

anyone know when they usually go through the HWL to get to NWL? if they usually do at all?

Last year the high wait list started to be contacted on thursday may 28 in the afternoon. :) First round offers expire on May 25th this year so the HWL might start getting contacted on/around thursday May 27th? 

After that only 2 people from the normal waitlist posted that they were accepted last year (on June 5th and 8th)

Hey guys, I just got accepted to Windsor off the normal WL. Confused because nobody's posted about HWL acceptances yet? Also does anyone know if you "verbally accept" can you still think about it for a few days and decline after receiving the letter/package? Just wondering how binding the verbal acceptance is.

14 minutes ago, Ss123toy said:

Hey guys, I just got accepted to Windsor off the normal WL. Confused because nobody's posted about HWL acceptances yet? Also does anyone know if you "verbally accept" can you still think about it for a few days and decline after receiving the letter/package? Just wondering how binding the verbal acceptance is.

@rmorelando you know when Schulich starts moving the waitlist? Last year the waitlist didn't move until the 28th.

4 minutes ago, Alkm396 said:

I’m on the HWL and didn’t receive anything. Weird 

same

I know I sound like a total troll rn but i promise it's the truth.. I was so confused I literally thought my application was flagged or smth at first. I think I was normal WL this was the text in my original email (received at 9:32 AM):

Thank you for your interest in our MD Program and the effort you put forth with your application to first-year medicine at Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (Western University).

Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List.

Our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List. Therefore, please refrain from contacting Admissions with inquiries related to your ranking on the list.

I will be declining my offer, good luck to all. They also mentioned that London campus is full so any offers from here on out will be Windsor!