Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2021

30 minutes ago, Ss123toy said:

Hey guys, I just got accepted to Windsor off the normal WL. Confused because nobody's posted about HWL acceptances yet? Also does anyone know if you "verbally accept" can you still think about it for a few days and decline after receiving the letter/package? Just wondering how binding the verbal acceptance is.

Did you verbally accept? Why would you that if you're already accepted to UBC? 

1 minute ago, M3P0 said:

So why were you wondering how binding the verbal acceptance is?

I had pretty much considered my NWL an R so didn't take any time to think about UWO vs. UBC prior to receiving the call. I was quite flustered/shocked and wanted to take longer than 30 seconds on the phone to make that decision (because I do have the option of forfeiting my UBC deposit to accept UWO if I would much prefer UWO) so I asked them to call me back tomorrow after I had the evening to decide. I was asking because I was wondering if I could verbally accept tomorrow and take a few days to think, but after thinking about everyone else who's stressing on the WL and calling my family I've decided to verbally decline since I'm 99% sure I want to stick with UBC.

2 minutes ago, dusah said:

Hmm maybe they switched up NW emails with HW emails? Not sure what to think at this point..

I was just thinking this is the only possibility. UBC did a similar thing with giving everyone the wrong NAQ scores when they sent out interview regrets.

24 minutes ago, dusah said:

Hmm maybe they switched up NW emails with HW emails? Not sure what to think at this point..

Just looked back at the other forum site, specifically the poll showing the A/HWL/NWL/LWL/R breakdown and the  # of people on HWL vs NWL wouldn’t make sense if that were true (since I assume HWL is a smaller pool) 

16 minutes ago, Alkm396 said:

Just looked back at the other forum site, specifically the poll showing the A/HWL/NWL/LWL/R breakdown and the  # of people on HWL vs NWL wouldn’t make sense if that were true (since I assume HWL is a smaller pool) 

is that here on premed101? if not can you please post a link to that?

44 minutes ago, Ss123toy said:

I was just thinking this is the only possibility. UBC did a similar thing with giving everyone the wrong NAQ scores when they sent out interview regrets.

By any chance, could you have mistaken your HWL email as a NWL email? Do you mind quoting what you received in the email?

1 minute ago, emmy said:

By any chance, could you have mistaken your HWL email as a NWL email? Do you mind quoting what you received in the email?

They did earlier today if you scroll back and it looks like it’s a NWL (unless I’m wrong in my understanding of the wording) 

44 minutes ago, emmy said:

@Ss123toyCould it be a prank call from your friends LOL

I literally considered this but I actually missed the call at first since I was at work so I emailed Schulich admissions and they called me back and said we saw your email so ik it was legit! The only other idea I have is they might have some alternative admissions process kinda like UofC's "white flagging" process and I got in that way?

1 hour ago, Ss123toy said:

I literally considered this but I actually missed the call at first since I was at work so I emailed Schulich admissions and they called me back and said we saw your email so ik it was legit! The only other idea I have is they might have some alternative admissions process kinda like UofC's "white flagging" process and I got in that way?

what do you mean white flagging? also are you able to call / contact schulich and ask them if it was a mistake (the call or the original implied ranking e-mail). the rest of us would really appreciate it big time. thanks bud :)

Edited by premedplz
needed to add more info