Premed 101 Forums

7 hours ago, justarandomapplicant said:

Keep in mind that only 88 have accepted. If they haven't accepted yet, it is possible that they are going to reject or just let the time on the offer run out too. Over 40 seats still up for grabs :)!

I'm just wondering why some people are taking so long to make their decision lol. There is probably a good portion that will simply let their offers run out, but I bet a lot of them are also waitlisted at other schools and are waiting to see if they get an offer before the deposit deadline. 

I need to stop running the numbers over in my head, but with 15 over offers and the amount of acceptances & declines so far, wouldn’t only 3 seats have opened up for waitlisters so for far?

Speaking of over offers, I'm not sure why the sent out much fewer than in previous years

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone, I wanted to start off by saying if you don't get the news that you were hoping for this year, I am so sorry. This process can seem so daunting and outright impossible at time. I know eve

Just got off the oop waitlist 4:02 calgary time! will be declining

Kinda unrelated but does anyone else feel like the new blog format is less helpful because it doesn’t include the comment section with responses? So many people have the same question and it was so gr

Just now, garceyues said:

I'm just wondering why some people are taking so long to make their decision lol. There is probably a good portion that will simply let their offers run out, but I bet a lot of them are also waitlisted at other schools and are waiting to see if they get an offer before the deposit deadline. 

I need to stop running the numbers over in my head, but with 15 over offers and the amount of acceptances & declines so far, wouldn’t only 3 seats have opened up for waitlisters so for far?

I dont think the 135 "new" seats and 150 offers in total mean they made 15 over offers. The 15 offer discrepancy comes from people who deferred who were technically offered a "new" seat last year, either because they were in the LIM program or for other reasons. 

6 minutes ago, medhopeful2024 said:

I dont think the 135 "new" seats and 150 offers in total mean they made 15 over offers. The 15 offer discrepancy comes from people who deferred who were technically offered a "new" seat last year, either because they were in the LIM program or for other reasons. 

That is fair, the 15 offer discrepancy could very well be the people who previously deferred for LIM or something. However, if you go back on the blog in previous years, 170 initial offers were made last year and 200 the year before. I don't think that deferrals/LIM can be used to completely explain the numbers for those years at least

6 hours ago, medhopeful2024 said:

I actually don't think this is true - the U of C historically sends more offer letters than there are seats available because they know that a large portion of people will decline their acceptance for other schools. This was explained by Dr. Ian Walker in a past blog post

43 minutes ago, mscpmed said:

I actually don't think this is true - the U of C historically sends more offer letters than there are seats available because they know that a large portion of people will decline their acceptance for other schools. This was explained by Dr. Ian Walker in a past blog post

Oh really! Thanks for letting me know I didn't know this!

21 minutes ago, garceyues said:

Anyone else currently feeling like they did before last Wednesday lol

The nerves are building for sure. Trying to remain somewhat chill because I know it's only the first round and I very well may not hear for a while and the deadline for first round offers to accept hasn't passed yet but it's not really working lol. Hope several of us on here get good news tomorrow! 

4 minutes ago, Sifaka said:

I'm starting to think it might not even be today... The blog said that they "anticipate" starting to move today, which doesn't sound like a finalized choice to me :unsure:

My thoughts as well, sending them out tomorrow seems to make more sense. At most I think they might be sending out a few waitlist offers today, but I think we will see the majority of movement tomorrow once the deadline passes. 

Hey everyone, I also just made this account to let you know that I got in off the waitlist as an OOP! (4:02PM MST timestamp). This thread has been great for updates so I wanted to thank everyone that contributed and am wishing you all the best! I can post stats if anyone is looking for that kind of thing (not sure if there is messaging on this site, or I can just reply). 

So happy for everyone that received good news today :) 

There didn't seem to be much movement today if the forums are anything to go off. I really hope that’s because the big day for movement is tomorrow for one reason or another and not because of exceedingly low WL movement this year. We will know soon enough

13 minutes ago, Sifaka said:

New post on the blog! So 25 offers sent out today and the next set going to be sent next Thursday or Friday. There's still 16 people with no response from the initial offers. 

Do you think he meant 99 including the people who accepted their waitlist offer today?