Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone, I wanted to start off by saying if you don't get the news that you were hoping for this year, I am so sorry. This process can seem so daunting and outright impossible at time. I know eve

Just got off the oop waitlist 4:02 calgary time! will be declining

Kinda unrelated but does anyone else feel like the new blog format is less helpful because it doesn’t include the comment section with responses? So many people have the same question and it was so gr

43 minutes ago, garceyues said:

Anyone hear anything today? I'm kinda surprised that we haven’t heard from Remo that the 10 remaining seats have been filled at this point. All my WL friends made it off and I want to scream into the void LOL (very happy for them don’t get me wrong!)

This hits so close to home. All of the people I know applying this year got in except me and it hurts :( 

7 minutes ago, medhopeful2024 said:

This hits so close to home. All of the people I know applying this year got in except me and it hurts :( 

I'm sorry my friend, it's definitely a terrible feeling. I keep thinking about all the great people I met while applying this cycle that will likely become periphery contacts since they are starting med and I will be somewhere else. The FOMO on the med experience and drifting away from those people sucks. If its any solace, when our time comes, we will have a new cohort of amazing people to forge meaningful connections with. Even so, this cycle isn't over quite yet

Hey everyone, I wanted to start off by saying if you don't get the news that you were hoping for this year, I am so sorry. This process can seem so daunting and outright impossible at time. I know everyone says "there's always next year" and that probably isn't what you want to hear but truly this isn't a matter of if you'll get in but when. If this is what you want to do, never give up. You WILL be a doctor if this is where your heart lies! This was my 5th consecutive application cycle and I am so grateful to be able to say that I was offered a seat off the waitlist yesterday (IP) at 1:24pm (MST)! If you didn't get a seat this year you are not a failure- think of how much you learned over this past year, how many people you've helped, and how those experiences will translate into providing your future patients with even better care when you finally get in (and you will <3). I'd like to thank everyone on this thread, even though I didn't post, I was checking this page everyday and the support was really comforting. I hope you could all receive an offer for this year and I'm sure some of you still will before class starts! I know it's hard, but keep your chin up, take the time to process your feelings and emotions when this cycle is over (which it isn't yet!!!), and then come back with vengeance for next cycle- know that I am rooting for you <3.

Edited by PTwhatt
Add IP info