Premed 101 Forums

Research Assistant Position at BC Children's Hospital (UBC)

Hi everyone!
I am looking for someone to take over my current research assistant position in Diabetes and Endocrinology at BC Children's Hospital. I'm so grateful to have had this opportunity over the past 2 years and the experience really added to my application. I have had the chance to work in a clinical setting alongside other healthcare professionals, and interact directly with patients on a daily basis. I've also been able to make really good connections and references. For anyone thinking of applying next cycle, I believe this job is a great opportunity to strengthen an application. 
If you're interested, below is an overview of what the job entails. For more information, or to apply for the position, please private message me!  This position will be a combination of remote and on site work. 

Job Duties: Assist with the conduct of clinical research in an academic setting. Activities to which the research assistant may be exposed include the following:
·         Patient screening
·         Recruitment and follow-up
·         Data collection and data entry
·         Scheduling subject visits
·         Maintaining and organizing records and files for studies
·         Performs other related duties as required. 

Research Description: The research assistant will participate in a variety of clinical research studies in the Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit at the BC Children’s Hospital. The research studies are related to type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, endocrinology, and ancillary studies in mental health. The research assistant will perform data collection from patients, data entry, and recruitment of study subjects. The research assistant will be directly supervised by the Principle Investigator(s) and will work closely with the pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes physicians as well as the Division’s team of health professionals, research staff, and support staff.
JobPosting-May2021.doc

29 minutes ago, BCCHResearch2021 said:

Hi everyone!
I am looking for someone to take over my current research assistant position in Diabetes and Endocrinology at BC Children's Hospital. I'm so grateful to have had this opportunity over the past 2 years and the experience really added to my application. I have had the chance to work in a clinical setting alongside other healthcare professionals, and interact directly with patients on a daily basis. I've also been able to make really good connections and references. For anyone thinking of applying next cycle, I believe this job is a great opportunity to strengthen an application. 
If you're interested, below is an overview of what the job entails. For more information, or to apply for the position, please private message me!  This position will be a combination of remote and on site work. 

Job Duties: Assist with the conduct of clinical research in an academic setting. Activities to which the research assistant may be exposed include the following:
·         Patient screening
·         Recruitment and follow-up
·         Data collection and data entry
·         Scheduling subject visits
·         Maintaining and organizing records and files for studies
·         Performs other related duties as required. 

Research Description: The research assistant will participate in a variety of clinical research studies in the Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit at the BC Children’s Hospital. The research studies are related to type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, endocrinology, and ancillary studies in mental health. The research assistant will perform data collection from patients, data entry, and recruitment of study subjects. The research assistant will be directly supervised by the Principle Investigator(s) and will work closely with the pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes physicians as well as the Division’s team of health professionals, research staff, and support staff.
JobPosting-May2021.doc

Hi, does this position require prior research experience?