Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist to Preferred Site

Hi! 

Hoping to get some insight and would really appreciate if any of you have had a similar experience. I've been accepted to the SMP but my first choice was VFMP (I currently live in Vancouver and would like to stay). 

Do any of you know how the waitlist works for applicants accepted to their non-preferred site? What are the chances I get a spot in Vancouver? Do applicants who were offered their non-preferred site, get offers to their preferred site before waitlisted applicants get an acceptance?

Any insight would be helpful! Thank you!

Hello!

There were people in our class who got their third or second choice and very few of them changed sites. VFMP will have more movement and you may have a good chance. The In Province waitlist hardly moved last year and it is hard to know what will happen this year. A few people did get moved into VFMP tho.

It is my understanding that you would be offered your preferred site before people on the waitlist so the longer you don't hear, the less likely you are to get VFMP. That being said changes can happen up until late August.  I wish I had more info for you. 

Best of luck :) All the sites are great and I'll bet you'll love wherever you end up. 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, ember said:

I received my first offer to SMP (and accepted it) but VFMP was my first choice - about 1-2 weeks later (I think..but this was 4 years ago) I received an email with a new offer to VFMP

just curious - was SMP your 2nd choice?