Premed 101 Forums

U OF T PT Waitlist movement

2 hours ago, PTAppsStressed said:

Hello! Do they tell you your position in the waitlist? UofT is my top school :(

Pretty sure they don't, which is daunting not knowing if we'll get accepted. It is my first choice too. I don't know if they move a lot but I hope they would! 

4 hours ago, PT24 said:

Pretty sure they don't, which is daunting not knowing if we'll get accepted. It is my first choice too. I don't know if they move a lot but I hope they would! 

7 hours ago, PTAppsStressed said:

Hello! Do they tell you your position in the waitlist? UofT is my top school :(

Yeah the email said do not ask the position. It's my first choice too.. Hopefully!! 

1 hour ago, Futureptgirl said:

How do you know it doesn’t move a lot? 

I read in this forums that no movement 2 years ago. And someone said uoft usually sent the acceptances for more than the class size, so even some people declined their offer, the waitlist may not move.

3 minutes ago, pt90 said:

I read in this forums that no movement 2 years ago. And someone said uoft usually sent the acceptances for more than the class size, so even some people declined their offer, the waitlist may not move.

Well.. that’s kinda disheartening to hear :/ I read in last years forum that some people from the waitlist did get accepted. Not sure if schools are actually allowed to send acceptances for more than the class size if they say they only accept an x amount.. though it’s plausible. Let’s just wish for the best guys!!! We got this!! 

1 minute ago, PT24 said:

Well.. that’s kinda disheartening to hear :/ I read in last years forum that some people from the waitlist did get accepted. Not sure if schools are actually allowed to send acceptances for more than the class size if they say they only accept an x amount.. though it’s plausible. Let’s just wish for the best guys!!! We got this!! 

I read all in here and I also saw that too! Someone from the waitlist did get accepted last year! I really hope that this year will be more movement !! :)

9 hours ago, PT24 said:

I wonder if we can email and ask them if they do this, but I don’t know if they will release this information. :(

5 hours ago, Futureptgirl said:

I wonder if we can email and ask them if they do this, but I don’t know if they will release this information. :(

I mean.. they didn’t explicitly mention anything about not being able to ask that.. haha but I’m pretty sure they won’t tell us. 

Hey everyone, UofT was my first choice too :( I was admitted to Queens and Western this year, and currently debating whether to  decline those in order to stay on UofTs waitlist past June 9th. Such a tough spot to be in - wondering if any of you are in a similar situation and what you plan to do! 

12 hours ago, PTPTPT5 said:

Hey everyone, UofT was my first choice too :( I was admitted to Queens and Western this year, and currently debating whether to  decline those in order to stay on UofTs waitlist past June 9th. Such a tough spot to be in - wondering if any of you are in a similar situation and what you plan to do! 

I think it’s a risk staying on the wait list for uoft. This is because you don’t know your position and if you are high enough on the list then you have no clue if they will even admit off of the wait list. The admission officers can’t  even give you information because it all just depends. At the end of the day all schools give you the same degree! Getting into a school in Ontario is such a big achievement on its own and I don’t think you should reject the others offers over one school. Your long term and main goal is to become a physio! :)

20 hours ago, PTPTPT5 said:

If you dont mind me asking why was U of T your top choice!? Do you know anyone who has been through the PT program and have any insight on it? Just for future reference :)

22 minutes ago, Futureptgirl said:

really? How do you know this 

23 minutes ago, Physiogirl717 said:

Dont feel discouraged!! A lot of the members added are First and second year PT students already in the program :)

This is what I assumed as well! 

• 2 weeks later...