Premed 101 Forums

3.94 is just fine for Western & Queens, so if you can bring your MCAT up to pass UWO's cutoffs and get in the generally though-to-be competitive range for Queens, you've no reason not to apply this year, def have a shot. Assuming you don't have a solid reason to write an AEE @ Toronto to get a wPGA you're out of the running there, and unless you knock CARS and Casper out of the park Mac will be a tough sell too, but I'm not sure an extra year of 4.0 will really change the calculus THAT much for you; Toronto and Mac will still both be tough. Don't know enough about Ottawa to comment specifically, but ~3.9 seems fine on that front, so I think you should really study up for the MCAT and give yourself the best possible chance at the two schools where you're solidly competitive if you can nail it.

On 5/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, TheFlyGuy said:

3.94 is just fine for Western & Queens, so if you can bring your MCAT up to pass UWO's cutoffs and get in the generally though-to-be competitive range for Queens, you've no reason not to apply this year, def have a shot. Assuming you don't have a solid reason to write an AEE @ Toronto to get a wPGA you're out of the running there, and unless you knock CARS and Casper out of the park Mac will be a tough sell too, but I'm not sure an extra year of 4.0 will really change the calculus THAT much for you; Toronto and Mac will still both be tough. Don't know enough about Ottawa to comment specifically, but ~3.9 seems fine on that front, so I think you should really study up for the MCAT and give yourself the best possible chance at the two schools where you're solidly competitive if you can nail it.

Thank you so much for the answer, I was having a moment of panic (induced by a medication, so much fun) but reading your comment at the time made me calm down a little and reminded me that I'm fine its not the end of the world :) Will def focus on the mcat for now, thanks again!

• likeakol changed the title to .