Premed 101 Forums

What second degree major did you pick, and why?

Hello guys,

I know that many people here in the forums say that there’s no objective “easy” major to pick during your UG, and I agree, we all have different skills and courses that I may find easy won’t necessarily be as easy for you.

However, since most students don’t get accepted to medical schools after their first application cycle, I’d like to be wise and choose a second UG that will land me jobs in case my medical journey leads to failures only.

I have always been good at biology, and so my first choice was to pick a biology major, but I keep hearing that there are no good jobs that you can land with just a bachelors degree in biology. I’m currently working for a big 4 firm and the pay is decent so I don’t want to pick a major that won’t give me a successful career in case my medical dream isn’t meant to be.

i also thought about nursing, but my friends warned that you can’t get competitive GPA in it and that some medical schools look down on nursing students who switch to med school.

Please let me know the pros and cons of your major so I can get an idea :)