Premed 101 Forums

NDEB - Ontario May OSCE/Written Cancelled

4 hours ago, ApplicationTrismus said:

NDEB's May OSCE & Written exams are cancelled in Ontario due to the provinical lockdown and there is no planned rescheduling of these exams until September 2021. Any suggestions on how to spend the free time (dental related), shadowing, carving, etc?

Could register for CE courses and do some learning. They should really offer another exam date earlier, very unfair. 

On 5/17/2021 at 4:06 PM, ApplicationTrismus said:

NDEB's May OSCE & Written exams are cancelled in Ontario due to the provinical lockdown and there is no planned rescheduling of these exams until September 2021. Any suggestions on how to spend the free time (dental related), shadowing, carving, etc?

How do you know it’s being rescheduled for September 2021?

On 5/17/2021 at 4:06 PM, ApplicationTrismus said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the exam is not cancelled...Did you read their email?

I contacted NDEB directly (phone) and they said they would make an official annoucment this Friday about the cancellation in the Kingston and Ottawa location due to the lockdown ending June 2nd. I asked about alternative examination dates and they said based on last years situation, they were able to create another examination in September, because all candidates were affacted by the restrictions in Canada, but unlikely to do so this year because only individuals in Ontario are going to be affected. She said the likely situation would be candidates have to wait for the next examination, which is November. If you want some clarity, I suggest you call them youself. 

3 hours ago, ApplicationTrismus said:

I contacted NDEB directly (phone) and they said they would make an official annoucment this Friday about the cancellation in the Kingston and Ottawa location due to the lockdown ending June 2nd. I asked about alternative examination dates and they said based on last years situation, they were able to create another examination in September, because all candidates were affacted by the restrictions in Canada, but unlikely to do so this year because only individuals in Ontario are going to be affected. She said the likely situation would be candidates have to wait for the next examination, which is November. If you want some clarity, I suggest you call them youself. 

Wow, that's unbelievable - I'm in the same boat as you and was waiting to write the NDEB board exam at the end of this month. I can't believe they wouldn't try for an earlier date in the summer, because who knows what could happen in September down the road? Just seems odd that they couldn't just reschedule the May date a week later once the stay-at-home order has been lifted?

On 5/20/2021 at 6:15 AM, ApplicationTrismus said:

Do you have any suggestions on CE courses / platforms? I'm not going to gain any CE credits because I'm not registered, so I'm aiming to avoid paid CE.

If you really want CE credits, there are tons of online courses that'll get you that, CE should be for the experience. Its worth paying for the high end CE, as you have time right now, time later will be much much higher in opportunity cost.