Premed 101 Forums

Personal Statement Editing Services

Hey all, anyone have experience using any personal statement editing services? I have an idea of the strategy behind personal statements regarding telling my story of why I want to be a doctor and including anecdotes for how my experiences tie into the field but not sure if I was successful at it. I'm also a poor writer in general as I foolishly avoided writing classes throughout my undergrad. I have done a couple of drafts and had my essays edited by some people but they're not really familiar with the process so im looking for some tips beyond the grammar. In the case there are no good editing services, if anyone has had success with their own personal statements and has some time to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. First time applying to the US. 

There are a couple of consulting services around that get spoken of for Canadian applicants, and most of them will be familiar enough to guide you on an AMCAS application as well, in theory, but cannot tell you if they are worth it. An alternative might be an American consulting company which would be familiar, but you might have to search around to see which ones are legit or worth the money. If you check out studentdoctor I think there might be groups that review each other's statements for feedback.