Premed 101 Forums

Granting 5th attempt for LMCC 2

Unfortunately I failed the LMCC 2 three times before, last time I was away only 1 point from the passing score. As I am starting my residency in FM soon, assuming the worst case scenario,  if I fail the fourth attempt what's going to happen? Under what circumstances MCC will grant the 5th attempt? And If I pass the CCFP, will there be any way to practice independently without the LMCC 2?

7 hours ago, Saturday night said:

Unfortunately I failed the LMCC 2 three times before, last time I was away only 1 point from the passing score. As I am starting my residency in FM soon, assuming the worst case scenario,  if I fail the fourth attempt what's going to happen? Under what circumstances MCC will grant the 5th attempt? And If I pass the CCFP, will there be any way to practice independently without the LMCC 2?

Did you transfer residencies? I'm confused how you say you are only starting FM residency soon(presumably July 2021), but have already failed lmcc2. 

When do you take the 4th attempt? Definitely do not take it any time soon and ensure you can get every potential possible practice under way and review course etc before repeating it yet again. 

I think focusing on doing well in your FM residency first and foremost is the key, and then CCFP and lmcc2. Certain provinces out east I believe can get a license to practice without lmcc2 but youll need to search around. 

Again we need more information on what happened the first 3 times. It is a tough situation, i am sorry this has happened to you. Pragmatically, hopefully you aren't attmepting LMCC2 again during this current virtual iteration happening right now, though maybe you are and will - in that case i hope you pass! But if not, might be worthwhile taking a step away form the exam to focus on residency and solidifying your skillsets - certainly FM residency would be helpful for that (again, not sure what residency you were in prior?).