Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2022 Cycle

8 minutes ago, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

I know, I'm wondering if anyone has the form so I can see and double-check I meet all the requirements.

Doesn't make much sense to do it after I apply.

Ah I see. I don’t have the form but it also seems irrelevant to me since there’s no 4-year GED being offered this year. 

I completed my application but haven’t received an Evaluation of Prior Learning form to fill out, so it’s safe to assume we won’t need that for this year. The 2021 forum might be helpful if you're still curious. You could also email Atlantic Bridge for the form if you're trying to plan out your courses for next year's intake. 

Also, from previous years it seems like people were getting offers as early as February for the GED program. I’m wondering if offers for the 5-year program will now be sent out a bit earlier this year too (or perhaps it might be slower due to having to make those last minute logistical changes)

8 minutes ago, flossboss97 said:

Is it completely unheard of to send a letter of intention to the Irish schools once you've applied? I know this is common in the USA but was just wondering if you guys have heard of this for Ireland. 

Hmm personally I wouldn’t recommend it just because Atlantic Bridge has said to limit contacting the schools directly and to direct any questions you have to them. Your personal statement is essentially your letter of intent and is included in your application anyways! 

1 hour ago, HopefulDentalStudent said:

I completed my application but haven’t received an Evaluation of Prior Learning form to fill out, so it’s safe to assume we won’t need that for this year. The 2021 forum might be helpful if you're still curious. You could also email Atlantic Bridge for the form if you're trying to plan out your courses for next year's intake. 

Also, from previous years it seems like people were getting offers as early as February for the GED program. I’m wondering if offers for the 5-year program will now be sent out a bit earlier this year too (or perhaps it might be slower due to having to make those last minute logistical changes)

Yeah I haven’t received anything to fill out either since submitting my application. I did receive confirmation that first round offers would go out at the end of march/ early April (which I think is later than previous years) but I’m really hoping it’s sooner because I’m too impatient to wait haha! 

1 hour ago, HopefulDentalStudent said:

Hmm personally I wouldn’t recommend it just because Atlantic Bridge has said to limit contacting the schools directly and to direct any questions you have to them. Your personal statement is essentially your letter of intent and is included in your application anyways! 

Yeah that makes sense, thanks so much!!

On 1/10/2022 at 10:36 AM, HopefulDentalStudent said:

7 minutes ago, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

Did you take biochem, phys and anatomy? 

I've emailed atlantic bridge - currently being ghosted.

I was hoping someone who has applied previously and filled out the form could just copy and paste it here. I literally can't find it anywhere. Do they keep it under wraps on purpose?

Ah okay, this is my first time applying through Atlantic Bridge so I’m not sure what the form looks like either, sorry! Did you try calling their office? They have been pretty helpful to me over the phone! 

And yes I did take all of those courses, though I’m not sure how relevant that is this year. If you’re applying for this year’s intake I don’t think you should worry about meeting all the course requirements since the TCD and UCC 5-year programs don’t ask for the Evaluation of Prior Learning form. 

Here's the Prior Learning Form from a few cycles ago for those who were asking (it may have changed since then). It's only for the 4 year UCC program to determine if you have enough background to qualify for the 4 year program rather than the 5 year. I left my courses in there if you want a reference for the grades of a student who got accepted to the 4 year program (extra helpful if you went to queen's!)

Evaluation of Prior Learning for Applicants for Graduate Entry Dentistry UCC 2018.docx

On 1/10/2022 at 3:17 PM, HopefulDDS said:

Here's the Prior Learning Form from a few cycles ago for those who were asking (it may have changed since then). It's only for the 4 year UCC program to determine if you have enough background to qualify for the 4 year program rather than the 5 year. I left my courses in there if you want a reference for the grades of a student who got accepted to the 4 year program (extra helpful if you went to queen's!)

Evaluation of Prior Learning for Applicants for Graduate Entry Dentistry UCC 2018.docx 30.56 kB · 8 downloads

On 1/10/2022 at 3:17 PM, HopefulDDS said:

Evaluation of Prior Learning for Applicants for Graduate Entry Dentistry UCC 2018.docx 30.56 kB · 9 downloads

2 minutes ago, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

How well do they verify everything you list? Like if a course briefly touched on something rather than go over it in depth, would it work??

I don't think it matters now since they aren't even offering the 4-year GED. I think the 5 year doesn't have any requirements, its solely based on your application documents. 

Just now, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

Wait do you mean the 4 year program is permanently cancelled? I plan on applying in the future so I'm just wondering.

No sorry I mean for the 2022 admission. As for the courses, after reading other threads, I don't think they verify it, as long as it states you have taken the course on your transcript and the description of the course you took touches on the topic or around what they are looking for, you should be good.

Just now, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

Wait do you mean the 4 year program is permanently cancelled? I plan on applying in the future so I'm just wondering.

It just says it’s cancelled for 2022. I’d imagine they will reevaluate next year. The way I see it, if you get accepted to the 5 year then why wait for next year for the 4 year. It’s the same amount of time and you wouldn’t have to take other courses to be eligible for the 4 year. 

1 minute ago, PreDentalEm said:

It just says it’s cancelled for 2022. I’d imagine they will reevaluate next year. The way I see it, if you get accepted to the 5 year then why wait for next year for the 4 year. It’s the same amount of time and you wouldn’t have to take other courses to be eligible for the 4 year. 

Yeah thats true, but we would have to pay tuition for an extra year then right? Does the 5-year one end up resulting in more money spent? 

15 minutes ago, bambi0714 said:

Yeah thats true, but we would have to pay tuition for an extra year then right? Does the 5-year one end up resulting in more money spent? 

Yeah it would cost more but in the scheme of things if you’re still planning to take courses next year in preparation it doesn’t work out to be all that more expensive. Overall UCC is about €20K more for the 5 years than for the 4 years. TCD is a bit more expensive. I figure I’m going to come out of this with a huge amount of debt that another €20-30K overall isn’t a huge deal.

6 hours ago, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

TYSM. I was seriously wondering if students were being paid not to publicly post it (here, discord, **DELETED**, etc). It took weeks to get any response. Thank you.

6 hours ago, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

How well do they verify everything you list? Like if a course briefly touched on something rather than go over it in depth, would it work??

No problem! No idea what they do with the document after it's sent, but imagine there is little to no verification (except for your grades on your transcript), that's why they make you do the leg work of finding the course descriptions for them.

5 hours ago, iwanttogotodentalschoolpls said:

Also, did you write/summarize your own course descriptions or just copy paste them?

The course description is the description created by your school. They don't want your biased interpretation of what the course was about.

How long did it take for Atlantic Bridge to send you a confirmation email that everything in your application had been received (all supporting documents)? I finished/submitted everything over a week ago and haven’t heard from them. I emailed after new year’s and they said they were backed up and should get through by the end of the week… but still nothing :( 

30 minutes ago, mysteriousdino said:

How long did it take for Atlantic Bridge to send you a confirmation email that everything in your application had been received (all supporting documents)? I finished/submitted everything over a week ago and haven’t heard from them. I emailed after new year’s and they said they were backed up and should get through by the end of the week… but still nothing :( 

I submitted everything around Dec 30 and got my confirmation on Jan 5. I guess it might vary based on the admissions officer assigned to you though

4 minutes ago, bambi0714 said:

Does anyone know if they will ask us to send official transcript with updated marks later on? I need to know if I should order it to be mailed out soon.

In my confirmation email there’s a specific note about sending in updated marks as they become available. That being said, it does say that a screenshot would suffice so I assume that means you won’t need to send your official transcripts. 

On 1/11/2022 at 2:11 AM, PreDentalEm said:

Yeah it would cost more but in the scheme of things if you’re still planning to take courses next year in preparation it doesn’t work out to be all that more expensive. Overall UCC is about €20K more for the 5 years than for the 4 years. TCD is a bit more expensive. I figure I’m going to come out of this with a huge amount of debt that another €20-30K overall isn’t a huge deal.