Premed 101 Forums

Will I pass LMCC lol

I'm writing in 3 days but am just so unmotivated to study. I've reviewed most things except surg and IM (and some ethics which I'll do today) and have been passing the practice MCCs (the mini ones - at least 60% on CDM and 70% on MCQ). Are the practice similar to the real thing? I'm so burnt out I physically cannot study buy also don't want to regret not trying harder if I fail. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, _gettingthere_ said:

I'm writing in 3 days but am just so unmotivated to study. I've reviewed most things except surg and IM (and some ethics which I'll do today) and have been passing the practice MCCs (the mini ones - at least 60% on CDM and 70% on MCQ). Are the practice similar to the real thing? I'm so burnt out I physically cannot study buy also don't want to regret not trying harder if I fail. Thanks!

I feel you on the burnout, I am writing tomorrow. I've heard it's reasonable, maybe a bit tougher than the mini modules (I've only done the first of the MCQ and CDM ones and found them pretty doable). 1/6 is peds, 1/6 is psych, so if you feel weak on any of those that could be an areas to focus on. Lots of women's health stuff too, from what I've heard from people who've written recently. If you feel up to it, just watch some Online MedEd videos for quick overviews of high yield topics (they're free, you just need a login). More passive than answering a million MCQs but you're still studying ;)

Don't worry too much!!  I could have written this exact same post 3 days before mine... I hadn't reviewed any medicine or surgery yet either, and didn't get through very much of the material I wanted to.  In the last few days, I focused more on doing lots of practice questions, which I found helpful.  Our school gave us a practice exam that I did a few months ago, and I think it was similar in difficulty to the real thing?  I used q-bank for mine, and found those questions more lengthy and more difficult than the real thing.  I would say if you're passing your practice tests, you're in a good position to pass the real one.  Good luck... it will feel great to be done! :D

23 minutes ago, _gettingthere_ said:

Thanks guys, this is so reassuring! I'm so tired LOL just want to be done already.

If you fail, what happens in residency? What does your program do in that case? And if you apply to subspec through carms in the future does it affect things?

You just retake it again the next time its offered and be sad about your $2000 or whatever it costs these days.

13 minutes ago, _gettingthere_ said:

did anyone do the full length practice test from LMCC and wouldn't mind sharing their score? i got 185/288 which is like 64% ..... can i still pass this exam?? this CDM was way harder for me than the other practice ones 

You'll  likely be fine - my educated guess is you'll end up with an average score.

2 minutes ago, JohnGrisham said:

You'll  likely be fine - my educated guess is you'll end up with an average score.

fingers crossed! i def made some dumb mistakes on this exam and didn't take the full time and didn't take a break b/w the 2 sections... so my attention to detail will hopefully be a bit better during the real thing LOL

8 hours ago, _gettingthere_ said:

did anyone do the full length practice test from LMCC and wouldn't mind sharing their score? i got 185/288 which is like 64% ..... can i still pass this exam?? this CDM was way harder for me than the other practice ones 

I got 68! Wrote the exam end of April. Exam felt ok and pretty similar to the practice material. I’m hoping I passed and feel like I got around 250 ish. The highest I ever got on any practice MCC material was 72. I studied for a month. Very happy it’s over. Write it!! 

14 hours ago, _gettingthere_ said:

Besides reviewing the official material and high-yield topics especially ethics, the most important preparation is to relax and get good sleep.

I did quite well on my practice, but slept poorly and had trouble with Prometric on test day.  I still ended up with an "above average" score.  

You've got this!

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, _gettingthere_ said:

Not sure if you still check this site, and totally understandable if you'd prefer not to share, but was just wondering how things went (broadly speaking) in the end. Asking for a friend.