Premed 101 Forums

GPA conversion

Hello, new user here. I only recently developed a burning desire to pursue medicine, and am scrambling to prepare myself for the grueling road ahead. I'm currently attending U of T and both letter grades and numerical grades are provided on my transcript. I'm not applying to medical school yet as I want to finish my current professional degree and get some work experience first, however since I'm finished coursework, I do want to get an idea of how schools evaluate GPA. I know it's really likely things will change by the time I do apply, but I just want to get an overall idea to calm my nerves a bit. U of C's applicant manual gives both a percentage and letter grade conversion scale, and my GPA is almost 0.03 points higher when converted according to the letter grade conversion scale. This difference is pretty significant to me because my GPA is quite lackluster to begin with so any boost is appreciated; also, if I choose to do further education, the higher GPA calculated using the letter grade scale would be easier to boost into a more competitive range. So, to applicants who has recently applied this cycle, if you don't mind me asking, what scale should I use to gauge my GPA, the percentage or letter grade scale?