Premed 101 Forums

What electives would you recommend to a first year biomedical science student

Anyways, I will be entering 1st year and course selection starts in a few days. I was wondering if anyone could share their easiest electives?

What were your highest grades? Which courses and profs?

Selecting courses has been pretty confusing but hopefully I can get some useful info.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!:)

Thanks

Ive had some people recommend class 103 medical terminology, entry level psych, sociology and geology so far

Totally second the Clas 103 and entry level psych

Would like to add music 101 (? not sure of the number but the very first music course) as I have heard that is a mark booster too.

Would stay away from Sociology as it is *very* prof dependent. I was lucky to have a good prof (Tony Zhang, would recommend), my friends however were not so.

Intro french classes worked well for me too

2 hours ago, wannabdoctor said:

Totally second the Clas 103 and entry level psych

Would like to add music 101 (? not sure of the number but the very first music course) as I have heard that is a mark booster too.

Would stay away from Sociology as it is *very* prof dependent. I was lucky to have a good prof (Tony Zhang, would recommend), my friends however were not so.

Intro french classes worked well for me too

would u reccommend Math 110 (calc) or math 125 (life science math), in terms of what's easier/more manageable

4 hours ago, dogman1122 said:

would u reccommend Math 110 (calc) or math 125 (life science math), in terms of what's easier/more manageable

Back when I took it (i.e. four years ago) Math 125 was definitely the easier one imo. Not too sure now though, I have heard they changed the course quite a bit.