Premed 101 Forums

UAA calculation with a Master's

Hello everyone.

I emailed the college about this a few weeks ago and have received no response; I am assuming they are just busy with admissions for this year at this time. Does anyone happen to know how they calculate UAA with a completed master's degree? The wording from the application information does not make sense to me. Do the classes from my master's count for the last 120 calculation? or do they take my undergrad 120 credits and take away the lowest 9 credits? But if I wasn't done my masters they would use the classes in the calculation?

Thanks

(K) GRADUATE STUDENTS. Applicants currently enrolled in a post-graduate degree program at the end of the application year will have their UAA calculated with all graduate-level classes completed to the end of December considered if to the applicant’s advantage. For applicants who have completed a Master’s degree or PhD by the end of December the year of application, 9 or 15 CU worth of lowest marks, respectively, will be removed from their undergraduate degree and the UAA will be recalculated using the most recent 111 CU or 105 CU, respectively. Classes completed after the year-end will not be considered.

It's pretty clear IMO.

Your graduate classes will be included in the most recent 120 credits for UAA calculation if they boost your UAA relative to your undergrad UAA. Doesn't matter if you are currently enrolled in graduate program or have finished one, the grad classes are included in the 120 credits for UAA if it's to your advantage. I repeat, any graduate classes finished by the end of December will be included in your most recent 120 credit UAA calculation if it's to your advantage.

If you've completed your graduate degree by the end of December, they'll drop 9 or 15 of your lowest undergrad credits from your most recent 120 credits(which will include graduate classes) and recalculate your UAA with the remaining 111 or 105 credits. If you're still enrolled in your masters program by the end of December, while they'll still count your graduate classes as part of the 120 for UAA if it's to your advantage, you won't benefit from dropping 9 of your lowest undergrad credits.

So in your case, since you've finished your masters degree, you'll get your graduate classes included in your most recent 120 for UAA calculation if its to your advantage AND you'll  get to drop your lowest 9 undergrad credits with your UAA calculated from the remaining 111 credits.

Does that make sense now?