Premed 101 Forums

Does Ottawa accept AP/ IB for their prereq?

https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/eligibility-requirements

Applications will be accepted from students in good standing who will have successfully completed, prior to the beginning of June preceding registration, in a recognized university, three years of full-time studies (five courses per semester each per year) in any undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree, including specific prerequisite courses completed with a minimum Grade of B (CÉGEP equivalent 70%):

In here it says,

• 6 units in humanities /Social Sciences (see examples)

• 6 units in Biology (we also accept Anatomy and Physiology courses)

• 3 units in Organic Chemistry

• 3 units in Chemistry

• 3 units in Biochemistry

• 3 units in Statistics

AP, IB and transfer units are not recognized as fulfilment of full time studies requirement.

My friends and I were discussing if the last sentence means that if you took AP stat credit if it is still fine for fulfilling this prereq or if AP stat is just not allowed to have the 5 courses/ 5 courses requirement.

Anything will help thanks!

In their FAQ, you have your answer :)https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/faq

I have received recognition for AP and/or IB credits. Will these credits be recognized for admission eligibility to Medicine?

Yes. Advance placement credits (AP and IB)  will be recognized to fulfill the science prerequisites but will not be recognized as fulfillment of full-course load studies.