Premed 101 Forums

Can't decide between two dental schools

Cost? Berta or maritime life? Proximity to family and significant others? Differences in curriculum and clinical experiences? Campus life (or whatever is left of it from grinding labs, clinics, and studying)? Ideas of where you want to settle down once you're finished? You left it pretty open but I'm sure you considered some of these already. 

I can be the UofA counterpart to the above poster as I'm coming into the halfway point of the program. Shoot a message if you have any questions

4 hours ago, Take_Your_Time said:

Cost? Berta or maritime life? Proximity to family and significant others? Differences in curriculum and clinical experiences? Campus life (or whatever is left of it from grinding labs, clinics, and studying)? Ideas of where you want to settle down once you're finished? You left it pretty open but I'm sure you considered some of these already. 

I can be the UofA counterpart to the above poster as I'm coming into the halfway point of the program. Shoot a message if you have any questions

The only thing I haven't really done is the curriculum comparison. So little info exists about both so I wasn't able to do that. If you could shed some light on that aspect, it would be much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

There is no clear answer to this question as it ultimately comes down to personal preference. Some may prefer the smaller, more intimate atmosphere of Dalhousie University while others may prefer the larger and more diverse campus of the University of Alberta. Ultimately, it is important to consider factors such as program offerings, location, campus culture, and overall fit in making a decision. It is also important to visit both campuses and speak with current students to get a better sense of the atmosphere and environment at each university.