Premed 101 Forums

how much (if at all) will be in person first semester?

I assume the incoming class was told similarly, but the last update we had was that large group (your entire class in one session) classes would still most likely be online, but that other small group learning, clinical skills, and anatomy should return to in person. From this alone, my guess is that you could be expected to be on campus at least 2-3 days weekly, if not potentially 4 days. Theoretically, things like observerships (OCLOs) will also resume, barring another big wave, which is also convenient to be in the city of your campus for if you're hoping to partake in those. 

A lot of our class struggled with this decision last year as well, especially since we were essentially told we would most likely be in person for most things, and then suddenly that shifted to "you're mostly online now and only need to be in X city a couple times a month max". Some people did choose to not sign a lease, but a lot of our class had already signed leases by the time we found out and I don't think many really regretted that choice (some definitely did but they typically had more complicated circumstances). It was nice to still be closer to classmates and be able to connect with some people in person as restrictions permitted. 

I'm fairly optimistic at this point that you will see a fair bit more in-person class this year, certainly more than we had in our first year, especially looking at what vaccination rates are.