Premed 101 Forums

Thoughts on Application Review Services - Have you tried them? Why or Why Not?

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone's day is going well.

I wanted to gather your feedback on medical school application review services. I've seen a few out there ranging anywhere from $799-$1,500. Ultimately my goal is to have someone review my application and see where some of my gaps might be. If you've used any of these services, what was your experience with them? 

If you haven't used any of these services, is it something you'd consider using?

I want to try and get a good idea about these services before investing even more money.

Thank you!

I haven't used these services, but I would say that's an exorbitant amount to be charging you on top of already paying for application fees and then not to mention the cost of getting to interviews (at least in pre-covid times). Med students are generally quite happy to help out pre-meds/provide guidance, and if you talk to a few people you'd get a good sense of what impression your application gives. If you know even one med student or someone on here is willing to help you they might be able to connect you with a couple other people to take a quick look at your app. I think a lot of these services are essentially preying on your anxieties and fears around getting into med school and so they charge an arm and a leg for something that will definitely not guarantee an admission.