Premed 101 Forums

How is the whole dating scene at U of t med

Just curious to know how the whole dating scene is at u of t med? I'm not exclusively talking about long term relationships but casual dating, hook-ups, fwb and all of that? Also, is it common or typical for first years to date upper year med students? Are there enough opportunities for first years to get to know upper years? Are there opportunities for med students to meet date people in dentistry, pharmacy, law, etc? I'm guessing that the later would only happen through dating apps! 

It happens all the time, but it also can bring an element of drama and gossip into the class in some cases. I didn't go to UofT although it's probably the same at all schools. Just don't do anything stupid otherwise have fun. ;)

My partner isn't in medicine or healthcare, and I kind of like it like that.

Med school is not different from other professional situations. My advice, do not get involved with people you see/interact *every day* in a non-dating set up, when you can't escape being constantly seen, assessed, judged, evaluated, discussed by your 'partner'.

You accidentally said something silly => "oh, I heard you saying this... do you really think that? It's ok if you do, but..."
You came late => "oh, you live 20 minutes away, why are you late?"
You skipped a day of school => "where have you been? You don't look sick. Where have you been?"

And if you break up and he/she is not happy?... oh man... this can get ugly.

Seriously, speaking from an experience, the best situation is when you do not cross paths professionally.