Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone received their McGill ranking yet?

57 minutes ago, Laly20 said:

I'm curious, what GPA did you get? I was ranked 333 with 3.80/4.00

18 minutes ago, Telomerase31 said:

3,82! Bac in biochem

Did you guys have strong CVs, average or weak? I’m curious how the ranking generally is, other than what they explain on the site. It’s my first year applying and I think I’ll have a pretty decent casper, my gpa is 3.91, but my CV is somewhat lacking a bit. It only counts for 10% but still worries me lol

27 minutes ago, ceelbe said:

Did you guys have strong CVs, average or weak? I’m curious how the ranking generally is, other than what they explain on the site. It’s my first year applying and I think I’ll have a pretty decent casper, my gpa is 3.91, but my CV is somewhat lacking a bit. It only counts for 10% but still worries me lol

My Casper wasn’t good… but my CV is really really good! I did a lot of research, I had good scholarships and I’m doing a masters degree! 

4 hours ago, ceelbe said:

I guess my CV is good but not insanely good. I'm 28 years old with a M.Sc. very little research, 2 grants, and my professional career has just started (finished m.sc. in 2020). I also have some volunteering. I think my casper went well but as you know, we have zero feedback on casper so we never know for sure. What rank did you get with 3.91/4.00 gpa?

Also, with what is stated below on mcgill website (https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/currentapplicantstats), I would say that my c.v. and casper weren't extraordinary since someone with 3.5 got interviewed (probably an ex olympian or something like that)

Note that in general, the following are the lowest academic scores for invitation to interview in the main residency cohorts, when combined with very high scores on the non-academic selection tools. Note that this is based on prior years and may not predict results in future cycles. Special pathways may have specfic academic thresholds, and cohorts with smaller numbers of applicants can have higher variability in scores from year to year.

• Quebec-University: 3.5 GPA
  • Canadian 3.8 GPA
  • International 3.7 GPA
  • Med-P 34.5 R score

@Laly20 I didn’t apply last cycle, it’ll be my first time applying this fall, so I didn’t get a ranking! Thankfully this year we’ll get feedback from casper since we can find out our quartile score. Hopefully that will help for future applications (although the dream is to not have to apply again and again lol)

16 hours ago, ceelbe said:

@Laly20 I didn’t apply last cycle, it’ll be my first time applying this fall, so I didn’t get a ranking! Thankfully this year we’ll get feedback from casper since we can find out our quartile score. Hopefully that will help for future applications (although the dream is to not have to apply again and again lol)

You have an above average GPA for interviews so I wouldn't stress out too much if I was you. If you perform well in casper it should be a breeze for you to get in. Unless you haven't done anything in your life and get 0 point in c.v. lol

53 minutes ago, yony234 said:

I just got my ranking, but they only gave me the ranking post interview. Is there a way to find my ranking pre-interview?

I want to get may rank pre-interview to ensure that when I apply next year I can get an interview.

yeah , same here! I guess we have to email the admission office!

11 hours ago, fluffybunnyyyyy said:

could you let me know what they say when you email them about it?

yeah, sure! this is what they told me and someone else:

We are not able to provide any additional information. This is the only ranking information we have been offering applicants as approved by the admissions committee for this cycle.

• 2 weeks later...