Premed 101 Forums

Chances of getting in

Hey everyone,

So my plan is to apply to OT for the upcoming cycle, but I am concerned about my chances of getting in due to my lack of ECs. I have been trying to find OTs to shadow, but have not found one yet most likely due to covid. It would be great if someone can give me a realistic response on my chances of being admitted, or if I should start looking for a backup. My sub GPA as of now is 3.8, so it is on the lower end. 

Volunteering: 25 hours shadowing a PT, a year as a general member on my faculty's student council, two years as a volunteer for a service on campus, and two years of volunteering at a hospital (this was in high school though)

Research: I'm part of this summer research program, and also just started a volunteer position in a lab. Both supervisors are professors in OT. These positions will most likely continue in September.

So realistically, what are my chances? I plan on seeking more shadowing opportunities and finding a volunteer position to help people with disabilities. Thanks in advance!