Premed 101 Forums

waiving income requirements for credit cards

not sure if there any other churners here but...

has anyone had any luck getting annual fee rebates/minimum income requirements waived for credit cards? TD/CIBC have some pretty sweet Aeroplan Visa Infinite cards right now but I can't seem to be able to get through to them....

I know Scotiabank waives the 60K income requirement for their Passport Visa Infinite if you sign a LoC with them but I don't love that card LOL

I think they would only waive that fee if there's something in it for them, i.e. an LOC and a fat profit in the long run for them.

I've heard of people who signed a LOC with Scotia and managed to negotiate to get the Momentum Visa Infinite instead (I don't know any personally though...)

But would love to hear if anyone has had any luck though.

Im an MS1 but have had success by saying I’m a resident physician and putting in a pgy5 salary that I found on the carms website. They did call to confirm details but a med student should be able to navigate that conversation confidently. they so far have not asked to verify with pay stubs, tax forms, etc. ethical considerations aside.

27 minutes ago, BCelectrophile said:

Im an MS1 but have had success by saying I’m a resident physician and putting in a pgy5 salary that I found on the carms website. They did call to confirm details but a med student should be able to navigate that conversation confidently. they so far have not asked to verify with pay stubs, tax forms, etc. ethical considerations aside.

There's no way this will come back to bite you later on! Great plan!!

11 minutes ago, bearded frog said:

There's no way this will come back to bite you later on! Great plan!!

To be honest, many people do this all the time, and its rarely an issue - they only care if you dont pay your bills.

When i was a medical student i was able to get multiple high end cards, without lying - they would wave the income requirements knowing i was a medical student. 

Then there is American Express which does not have income requirements at all, as they are charge cards. 

But yeah, as a medical student I wouldn't lie about your income and say youre a pgy5. Just tell them you're a medical trainee and likely they will give it to you anyways.