Premed 101 Forums

Past applicants w/ high supplemental/essay scores?

Hey y’all! 

For those of you who have applied to Dal in the past and received feedback scores on your application, if you had a score of >25/35 on your supplemental and essay section, could you please share what you included in your supplemental? And also how you formatted it (i.e. point form, paragraph form)?? Just trying to figure out how I can improve this section! Thanks!!

I haven't applied before but I think I recall seeing a few posts on here where a few accepted applicants said they used point form when writing out their "description of activity" on the Extracurricular Activities/ Personal Interests sheet. Idk if that helps any but I just thought I'd share, take care! :) 

I chose to write mini-paragraphs for activity descriptions. I don't think whether it is bullet point or paragraph form really matters, what is most important (in my opinion) is being concise. My advice would be: rather than purely describing activities, try to also share what impact you had on others, or what skills you learned from the experience.

I am a re-applicant but received over 25. I just wrote mini descriptions for what I did and how it would contribute to the practice of medicine. And my personal statement was more a unique story that tied everything I did in. I didn't explicitly say what I did but rather showed through stories. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...