Premed 101 Forums

Emergency request form help

TRU1243

Hello everyone, 

So I'm stressing out a bit. I've been studying for the MCAT for the last 3-4 months or so. With a week left to go, I hit my head playing basketball. The next morning I felt dizzy, light-headed and couldn't concentrate on my final reviewing. Went to the doctor and she said I had a concussion. I submitted the emergency request form and I think I will be able to write the exam in 2-3 weeks but the person that I talked to at Pearson Vue wasn't really helpful and made me more stressed. She said that they take 2 weeks to review it and then they make their decision within the two weeks and give you the option of either a refund or to reschedule. I obviously want to reschedule because I have been working hard towards this for a couple months now but she made it seem like it depends on availability.  

I am sure this kind of situation happens all the time with the MCAT. Has anyone gone through this experience? I just want to make sure that I will be able to write before Sept 11th. 

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also I read in some places that people have messed this process up and even with an emergency request form that it can count against one of your lifetime test takes. What I am supposed to do to avoid that. Obviously i don't want a freak accident to take away one of my lifetime test opportunities.