Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

On 8/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, OT2022Hopeful said:

Unfortunately it does not look like I’ll be getting off of the waitlists I was out on for OT this year. This was my second year applying, and I’m looking to apply again this year. I’m wondering if anyone has experience with taking online classes to boost up their gpa as I am thinking of doing this but having trouble finding information on how to do so! Any help is greatly appreciated!

I boosted my average taking online courses through Carleton (I did basically all psychology but they have quite a large selection of online courses!). Really easy to apply, you just submit an application to be a "special/non-degree" student. You can also email their registrars office if you have questions about how to apply. Normally you have to get a course override from them to actually be able to enter into higher level courses, because you need to provide your unofficial transcripts to prove you have the pre-requisiteas, but again anytime I had that issue I just emailed the registrar for guidance or called them! https://payments.carleton.ca/registrar/.

I only ever did mine through Carleton so that is only process I am familiar with, but I am sure most other universities, including the one you would've attended for your undergrad offer "special/non-degree" student options, contacting the registrar is usually easiest way to get info on how to apply for them!

1 hour ago, dib1141 said:

Last minute, but just got an offer off of Westerns OT wait list!! I was in the middle but had 0 hope of getting in after radio silence the last month. Hopefully some more last second offers come in across the board. Time to pack up and move across the county in a week lol

What time did you receive the email?

congrats!

• 1 month later...

I got in last year, and I still remember well how damn difficult it was! I mean psychologically, I was very nervous. Until I found out I was enrolled, I couldn't even sleep properly. Thank goodness that passed=) Studying to be an occupational therapist isn`t easy, but I think it's my calling. People who have undergone occupational therapy feel empowered to develop and plan for a future life full of joy and new acquaintances – it inspires me. For those who are interested in this specialty, I advise http://otcareerpath.com/ it`s all stated here in great detail.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/9/2022 at 4:33 PM, REHABletsgo said:

I got a CAP invite from U of T last week, but I'm a little struggling preparing for it :(

It would be great if someone could send me the link/invitation for the discord group. The link that was posted earlier has been expired.

Good luck to everyone who got the invite!

hello! I was wondering if there is a certain time the CAP is to be completed or can it be completed all day similar to Kira interviews?