Premed 101 Forums

Can an OT from Ontario practice in Quebec (Montreal Specific)

Hi all,

I will be going to western for my MScOT this year, but plan on moving to Montreal when I graduate to be with family. I do not speak french, and I believe practice may be different in Quebec. Does anyone know if a licensed OT in Ontario is able to practice in Quebec, or are there restrictions. 

5 hours ago, Bambi said:

I just googled it and it appears you must prove fluency in French, see https://www.acotro-acore.org/faqs/canadian-educated-ots

However, you could practice in Eastern Ontario, a very short drive to Montreal (e.g., Alexandria, Cornwall).

Thank you so much :) ! I googled and searched and couldn't find a straight forward answer, but this was helpful. I don't speak French unfortunately, but I did see that if you provide Telehealth services in a different province, you are able to do so under your Ontario license. I will look through that avenue when the time comes, or as you suggested a neighbouring city in Eastern Ontario.

Good luck! Lancaster is the closest but has a tiny population. Alexandria is just down the road a few miles away. Then,. there is Cornwall a further 10-15 minutes, and Hawksebury is 17 miles away, Vankleek Hill is 10 miles away, and there is Ottawa.

The other option which is viable is to live in Dorval or the West Island and to commute daily to Eastern Ontario to work. I know of professionals who have done precisely that.