Premed 101 Forums

Voiding Second MCAT Test

BlueKhaki8

Hi guys,

I just had a quick question regarding MCAT voiding. I scored 507 on my first attempt (127/124/130/126), and I was planning on retaking this weekend. However, due to personal issues, I do not feel like I'm prepared so I am planning to void my exam.

If I void my upcoming second attempt, will Canadian medical schools only see my initial attempt (507)? Are there any repercussions?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, BlueKhaki8 said:

If I void my upcoming second attempt, will Canadian medical schools only see my initial attempt (507)? Are there any repercussions?

Yes they will be able to see your 507 but they won't see that you voided an exam. You however will be able to see the void in your AAMC account(but not the voided score, just that you voided an exam on so and so date).

No repercussions beyond using up one of seven lifetime opportunities you have of taking the MCAT. I'm pretty sure it will also count towards the single year limit and two consecutive year limits as well. Look under the "how often I can take the MCAT" in the FAQ section below for the actual limits.

https://students-residents.aamc.org/mcat-faq/mcat-faqs