Premed 101 Forums

Poll: When are you doing the CASPer Test?

Poll: When are you doing the CASPer Test?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When are you doing the CASPer Test? (Poll results only show number of people, no names)

• September 23
    • October 7
    • October 14
    • October 19
    • (See Results)

I already did mine and got my quartile back (wrote on August 8) but I personally liked doing it earlier to get it over with and I feel like way more people write it later so I felt like it was more competition later since our quartile is based on those all around the world who wrote it on the same day and time as us lol but who knows. Also if you have classes going on and you’re someone who wants to prep for it then just consider when midterms are maybe. 

Also from what I’m seeing people say, those who spent a loooot of time prepping didn’t do too well but I think maybe it’s because they really stuck with a specific format and it seems like it doesn’t work - maybe it comes off as too robotic and not genuine? Truthfully I feel like the only thing you need to do to prep for casper is to practice typing speed and then just consider some main points like don’t assume or judge, be empathetic, consider all sides of an argument, support everyone, don’t break the law, etc. But it seems like typing speed is really an important factor

On 9/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, ceelbe said:

I already did mine and got my quartile back (wrote on August 8) but I personally liked doing it earlier to get it over with and I feel like way more people write it later so I felt like it was more competition later since our quartile is based on those all around the world who wrote it on the same day and time as us lol but who knows. Also if you have classes going on and you’re someone who wants to prep for it then just consider when midterms are maybe. 

Also from what I’m seeing people say, those who spent a loooot of time prepping didn’t do too well but I think maybe it’s because they really stuck with a specific format and it seems like it doesn’t work - maybe it comes off as too robotic and not genuine? Truthfully I feel like the only thing you need to do to prep for casper is to practice typing speed and then just consider some main points like don’t assume or judge, be empathetic, consider all sides of an argument, support everyone, don’t break the law, etc. But it seems like typing speed is really an important factor

Well said! This is my second time doing the Casper (scored well first time judging on applicant ranking). I didn't over do it on the prepping. Read, did a few prac tests, and honestly answered it to what I think was natural. Like you said, not "robotic" ;) Worked for me.