Premed 101 Forums

Hi everyone,

So in 8 months I'm about to graduate and I was maybe thinking about doing a residency in the US for the trip/experience (I'm feeling quite ready to do the 'bread and butter' procedures in dentistry so that's why I would only apply to the US, I don't have any intention to specialize). My GPA is at 3,5 and I'm mostly looking for the programs in NJ, NY, Connecticut, etc. (in the North east so I would still be close to Montreal where I live) ; I would like to gain experience mostly in surgery and fixed prostho. I would like to hear the experience of canadian dental students who applied to US programs and went through the match process/have done a US residency (AEGD/GPR) and if you would recommend the experience. Thanks ! (My other option would obviously to just dive into private practice and take CE courses, but since I'm young and my debt is relatively low, I thought that a year in the US wouldn't be bad, but the match process is kinda intimidating)