Premed 101 Forums

Casper help

jero123

So after taking Casper for a 3rd time, and I once again got 1st quartile.. I did many practice tests this time around and managed to raise my typing speed to about 60wpm.  The feedback I got from my practice tests were quite positive so I am just really lost as to how this happened. There are some potential reasons that I can think of, first being too many typos in my answers as I was rushing to go through all 3 questions. I also prepared some personal stores that I used for question 3, that in hindsight might have been too rehearsed/did not fully answer the questions. For those who did well on the test, I would really appreciate some insights. Thank you   

3 hours ago, jero123 said:

So after taking Casper for a 3rd time, and I once again got 1st quartile.. I did many practice tests this time around and managed to raise my typing speed to about 60wpm.  The feedback I got from my practice tests were quite positive so I am just really lost as to how this happened. There are some potential reasons that I can think of, first being too many typos in my answers as I was rushing to go through all 3 questions. I also prepared some personal stores that I used for question 3, that in hindsight might have been too rehearsed/did not fully answer the questions. For those who did well on the test, I would really appreciate some insights. Thank you   

A few years out from grading Casper now, but we didn't subtract for typos. Don't spend too much time on anecdotes since it's blinded we can't verify anything you say so we afford no points to personal stories. We marked 50 of the same question in a row so you could just make up a scenario that communicates what you want. It's more important to evenly distribute your time among the 3 questions to give a sufficient answer for all, than pure overall speed.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, bearded frog said:

A few years out from grading Casper now, but we didn't subtract for typos. Don't spend too much time on anecdotes since it's blinded we can't verify anything you say so we afford no points to personal stories. We marked 50 of the same question in a row so you could just make up a scenario that communicates what you want. It's more important to evenly distribute your time among the 3 questions to give a sufficient answer for all, than pure overall speed.

So trying to answer all questions is a better strategy than giving detailed answers to the first two questions?

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, LimitlessAllTheWay said:

@bearded frog and to everyone else in this thread. I've read that Casper markers will deduct marks if the answer seems "scripted" or "rehearsed". Is that true? and how do they know that it is rehearsed?

I'm a couple years out from marking now so I don't know if they have updated their rubric but in general after reading 50 of the same answer you can tell when answers are generic vs actually considering the issue. The way you answer the questions should be in a similar format though, that's fine, ie identify the issues, address the options, choose a side and defend it.