Premed 101 Forums

Severe pain on shoulder!! Has anyone experienced a rotator cuff tear? Please help!!

Have any of you had a rotator cuff tear? I'm not sure how I did it, but the night aches have been going on for over three months, and certain motions have made me physically sick and nearly pass out with the sudden severe pain/feeling of a shoulder trying to dislocate, so I went to the NHS, where he verified the injury. I was given Naproxen and a prescription for physiotherapy, but there was no way of knowing how long it would take me to recover.  Has anyone have a similar experience? Was physio beneficial to you?

I experienced a rotor cuff tear 6 months back. As I rotate my shoulder it aches and is unable to do any sort of physical activities. It s become very difficult to lift weights. My doctor referred me to physiotherapy treatment and it worked. Their regular checkups and therapy section helped me for a speedy recovery. If we follow their instructions correctly we can recover soon. Get well soon!

I didn't have any similar experiences. But physiotherapy is a good choice. It is common among adults and may result from an acute injury, such as a fall, or maybe caused by normal age-related wear and tear with degeneration of the tendon. 
Early diagnosis and treatment of a rotator cuff tear may prevent symptoms such as loss of strength and loss of motion from setting in.
Try to practice physical therapy techniques and exercises to increase flexibility which helps a lot in back pain. Practice 3-4 exercises and avoid concentrating on the core muscles in the beginning. In the beginning, you may feel some difficulties but eventually, you will feel relaxed.