Premed 101 Forums

Copy and Pasting Essays?

Can someone who has received a Western interview in the past confirm that copying and pasting my UWO Med essays from Windows Notepad (originally typed into Word and then transferred into Notepad) into OMSAS does not result in any weird or funky outcomes?

That is, if you have done this and did indeed receive an interview, I can rest assured that the adcoms at UWO see my essays as I see them and not as gibberish.

Asking because I know UofT med doesn't want essays to be copy/pasted into OMSAS.

Edit (add-on): If it looks normal in my OMSAS "Review and Submit" page, it's good to go...right?

6 hours ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Can someone who has received a Western interview in the past confirm that copying and pasting my UWO Med essays from Windows Notepad (originally typed into Word and then transferred into Notepad) into OMSAS does not result in any weird or funky outcomes?

That is, if you have done this and did indeed receive an interview, I can rest assured that the adcoms at UWO see my essays as I see them and not as gibberish.

Asking because I know UofT med doesn't want essays to be copy/pasted into OMSAS.

Edit (add-on): If it looks normal in my OMSAS "Review and Submit" page, it's good to go...right?

Hey there! I pasted my western and U of T essays from a word doc to OMSAS last year and interviewed at both, so I think it should be okay as long as it looks fine from your "Review and Submit" page