Premed 101 Forums

Splitting one job into multiple sketch entries?

I've been worked for the same company for four years, but my duties have changed a lot in that time. Especially since it was a start up when I joined, I moved around a lot early on. I don't feel like one sketch entry has enough space to describe my experiences over four years and multiple positions. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and turned one job into multiple entries?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I did something similar. I have been involved in a small religious organization for the past three years and for my ABS, I wrote two entries for this experience, one as extracurricular activity and the other as volunteering activity. 

With that said, I'm a first-time applicant this year, so I don't really know how this would turn out for me; but I'm not concerned about this and I hope you can be at ease with your application (since the deadline has passed already and there is nothing more we can do about it) as well. :) 

• 2 months later...

Same for me, was at one organization for many years but very different roles that were clear progressions (e.g. volunteer -> supervisor -> board member). Split them up so long as they aren't too redundant (like if I worked at Loblaws in the deli and then the fish department, I wouldn't create two entries if you catch my drift). Nothing wrong with being loyal to an org, progressing through the ranks, and then showing it off on your ABS like a boss!