Premed 101 Forums

Interview setup?

18 minutes ago, crunchypb said:

Hi all! This might be slightly too early, but I was just wondering about any advice for interview set ups if you live in a noisy apartment building that's not really conducive to doing interviews and don't have family/friends nearby either? 

Your school may offer some places to do interviews, ours did. You could contact student affairs and ask about that early to get the ball rolling if they did not have anything planned. 

Tips for what to do will depend on what you mean by noisy. But in general, if you can find a quieter place, I recommend it. My place was not ideal. I had a few interruptions, and while most were harmless and the interviewers either didn’t care or didn’t seem to notice, I had one during one of my high stakes interviews that I let completely throw me off, and I know that hurt the outcome of CARMS for me. I also had a neighbor who would do a lot of loud construction - I went and explained the whole situation, and then just let them know I needed a quiet 30 min and they were really nice about it, but it was another layer of stress I didn’t need.