Premed 101 Forums

R Score affected by french litterature class

On 10/5/2021 at 9:17 AM, studyingcanbefun said:

Hi, I am currently in my first session in cegep, and I have been able to maintain an average of 97-98% in everything, apart from french. With hard work, I know that I can get high 90s in every single one of my classes, excepted french, which I believe to be able to get AT MOST something in the low 90s, but probably in the high 80s. The reason why I’m stressed out about this is because I’ve heard that people that get high R Scores always get high 90s in everything. It probably isn’t the end of the world, but I would love to hear it from people who are in premed/med.

I had high 80s-low 90s in all of my gen ed classes and low 90s in my science classes, still ended up with an R score of 36…

15 hours ago, studyingcanbefun said:

Bdeb, from what I’ve heard you really can’t get anything under 90s in french at bdeb, but I could be mistaken. Thank you for reassuring me!

You can get under 90s and be fine at bdeb. The avg tends to be around 60 depending on the teacher. If you keep that high 90s in science, you'll definitely be good in terms of R score. Science in bdeb is very boosted if you're having good grades since the écart-type is relatively small.