Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite Update

Did anyone receive confirmation that their IP ( NB or NS)  residency is verified? I see the note below on the "Applicant Summary Page" but so far haven't had any indication that its confirmed. I've lived here for the last several years, so there's no reason for it not to be, but confirmation would be nice lol

image.png.9cc288a2c7539cf27e4292728ba2da3d.png

20 minutes ago, plant.Dr said:

Did anyone receive confirmation that their IP ( NB or NS)  residency is verified? I see the note below on the "Applicant Summary Page" but so far haven't had any indication that its confirmed. I've lived here for the last several years, so there's no reason for it not to be, but confirmation would be nice lol

image.png.9cc288a2c7539cf27e4292728ba2da3d.png

I wouldn't worry about it.

About a month ago I got an email asking to provide additional evidence of my residency status. My living situation didn't necessarily look consistent with where my job is technically located (COVID meant I was fully remote for over a year) so I think they were reasonable to ask for more details. They gave me until Oct. 1st to respond and after reviewing the information I sent them they confirmed in an email that I would stay in the IP NS stream.

With all that said, I still have the same note on my application page that you quoted. 

On 10/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, OldManNearTheSea said:

I wouldn't worry about it.

About a month ago I got an email asking to provide additional evidence of my residency status. My living situation didn't necessarily look consistent with where my job is technically located (COVID meant I was fully remote for over a year) so I think they were reasonable to ask for more details. They gave me until Oct. 1st to respond and after reviewing the information I sent them they confirmed in an email that I would stay in the IP NS stream.

With all that said, I still have the same note on my application page that you quoted. 

Thank you so much!! I received basically the same email (asking for more details) but for NB. Did they specifically confirm/write in the email that you were in the IP NS stream? For me it was "thank you for clarification regarding your residency status". 

58 minutes ago, plant.Dr said:

Thank you so much!! I received basically the same email (asking for more details) but for NB. Did they specifically confirm/write in the email that you were in the IP NS stream? For me it was "thank you for clarification regarding your residency status". 

They did, but I wouldn't read too much into the phrasing. I'm sure if they had more questions for you they would ask.

1 hour ago, EatYourAsparagine said:

No but seriously, what are they waiting for lmao. They've known who got an interview (IP) since casper came out. I'm not patient enough for this 

It's not the IP stream that they are taking the time for. OOP stream receives 2x the # of apps compared to IP stream and they need to go through each OOP Maritimes connection essay. For IP, they don't need to do much besides checking if an applicant passed all the cutoffs and CASPer threshold.